3SGE intake manifold on a 3SGTE??

THREAD REVIVAL 8)

Finally got round to finding a manifold and fitting it up came out really well, and looks waaaay better :D :D
IMG_0015-2.jpg

just waiting for my CT20b to arrive so I can test it out.

mixer72

some geat installs going on :) just got my self 1 of these side feed manifold :) has any 1 see what powre gains you get? and allso is it right that i can just block the air bypass screw at the top? will the engine still idle ok?

mixer72":3dxi74mm said:
some geat installs going on :) just got my self 1 of these side feed manifold :) has any 1 see what powre gains you get? and allso is it right that i can just block the air bypass screw at the top? will the engine still idle ok?

i've just bolted the 3sgte throttle body on with the 3sgte TB gasket and it seals fine

mixer72

manifold is now fitted to the head:)
hear you can see the plate I had to make so that I can use the idle up valve and for there to be a back plate for the air bypass
2012-01-05173630.jpg

2012-01-05173617.jpg

2012-01-05173641.jpg

2012-01-05174149.jpg

mixer72

Or you can boar out the 185 fuel reail to 8mm and then feed it from both ends like i have :) works rely well as you are sort of feeding 2 injectors from each side.

tubasteve

Cops, yes, past ticket customer paid was 783, and had to be checked by a government employee. Hard to find crooked ones too.
-jr

Matty-st185

Ok just reading this here I'm a little confused

Carlos sainz st185 ..3sgte is the car I'll have

Are people saying to take a non turbo st185 st205 3sge intake manifold
With (tvis) and it bolts straight on with mods required increasing airflow
To the 3sgte st185 engine

What are the power gains for this ?

mixer72

The manifold is from a st162 N/A and yes it just bolts on. You can port it if you like. Witch is what i did and you will neec to add a plate the throttle opening so you can use the idle up valve. They flow botter give a better pipe worl lay out. As for power gains carnt rely say as i dident do s back to back test. But when i had it maped my mapper just said it wanted more fuel. Witch meens to me it must be flowing better

UtahSleeper

I don't think the ST205 motors work with this.

The ST162, in the US anyway, had a 3sge engine with a side feed manifold. This manifold bolts up to a ST165 and 185 engine.

The reasons for this is:
-It fixes an air flow issue that leaned out 1 or 2 of the cylinders.
-Makes it so you don't have to run the intake over the engine and heat up the intake pipes.
-Not sure on air flow improvement for performance.
-Makes for a cleaner install of a front mount.

MWP

UtahSleeper":e6qfg0om said:
I don't think the ST205 motors work with this.

Correct, they dont.
If you want side-intake on a gen3 engine, you'll need an intake manifold from a gen4 (Caldina ST215 or ST246).

Been waiting years for this conversion and saving parts. Found this thread after I did mine. Only issue is to hog out the lower part of throttle body hole for the idle control to work properly... i got pics if needed? :D