Blow off valve for stock turbo

WarTowels

"Bolt-On" is an expression meaning it attaches to the car using non permanent means and generally implies that regular shop tools can install it.

EDIT: Now I'm thinking that your concern may have been it's not being welded on? Well, if your intercooler couplers can hold high boost, then there is no reason a BOV valve coupler couldn't as well. Like you said, it's "for" the stock turbo which will never really be seeing high boost anyway.

-Towels

toayoztan

And if you're wondering if the bolton portion (t hose) will hold in higher boost, depends, but yeah it should hold fine.

Bryan

1337computing

Yeah was wondering if it would be a good idea and if it would hold pressure. Thanks prob wont go that root little expensive I think.

evo_lucian

I have a turbo xs rfl bov connected to a st205 wta intercooler via a coupler and it has held up with as high as 18 psi just fine.

celigts

How about this... Would the recirculating type be better or the vta type work be same?

I bought my car with an hks ssqv and was wondering if that mattered

Terracar

recirc vs vta is a more of a personal preference for some people.

If it is vta then the AFM has already measured that air and some people have reported backfires, poor gas mileage and random stalling due to this while others have no problems with it at all.

I personally ran the MR2 vta and when letting off the throttle after a hard acceleration it would stall on me. Overall it ran a little crappier when I ran it vta so I removed it since I don't want to modify the intake to accet recirc.
Though others report no such problems when they vta. So I think it is up to how your car handles it.

-Terracar