Won't Boost More Than 7 PSI...T-VSV

pokemeintheeye

When I connect the T-VSV I can adjust boost to more than 7 psi. When I cap off the T-VSV the most I can boost is 7 psi. I haven't tried boosting under 7 psi with if capped off but I'm at a lost here. When installing a manual boost controller we're suppose to cap off the T-VSV correct? Anyone have any ideas?

I was boosting fine at 8 psi prior to installing the boost controller and have no problems boosting to 10 psi when I turn up the boost controller to that but only with the T-VSV vacuum hose connected.

derek1

when you cap that off, are you messing with any other vacuum lines? possibly to tvis or the pressure sensor?

pokemeintheeye

After switching it back and forth a few times looks like I've got a bad boost controller. I'll find out for sure when I get around to buying another boost controller. With the TVSV capped off I'm boosting 7 psi as I should be since the boost controlling isn't working. With it reconnected I'm boosting 11 psi. Before playing around with the boost I was boosting stock 8 psi. So, 11 psi is just fine for the moment.