ST185 3" Stainless mid-pipe is a go!

Flying Bajan

Wish I did not have to, finally got her nearly where I want her in terms of upgrades, but an opportunity exists to get a JDM Subaru Impreza STi Spec C 5 door at a very, very good rate, so need to free up the cash :-(

Terracar

I can't fault you for your choice. Just seemed so sudden. Be sure to get pics of the new Subie up for us!

-Terracar

Greg_Canada

Midpipe looks fantastic dude, great work.
I agree fully with that dyno, 3" MP with cat was a big difference, 3" no cat MP was even bigger difference, this just confirms my butt dyno was correct... very nice!

this mid pipe is more than i paid for my HKS catback i hope this is worth it. Since this is all alltrac owners have to look for and this is our only option also there is and there is no lead time I'm willing to give it a shot.

Flying Bajan

:eek:fftopic: Indeed it was sudden ! The fella had been sniffing around / admiring the GT4 for a while, but I though he was just blowing smoke.... However, in the inteest of being prepared, I started looking for an alternative as being without a car is not an option for me and the GT4 was my daily driver.... Then out of the blue he calls me and says he's bringing a cheque over so "get the papers ready"... The rest is history. :eek:fftopic:

I'm sure this piece will be a fantastic addition to the GT4 / Alltrac and I have nothing but the higest praise for those who made it happen after so many others had false starts over the years.

So long guys !
Martin.

sMARTINside

I just received some mail!

PB170010.jpg

PB170013.jpg

PB170015.jpg

PB170017-1.jpg

PB170019.jpg

PB170020.jpg

PB170021.jpg

PB170022.jpg

PB170023.jpg

PB170026.jpg

sMARTINside

The midpipe is now installed.

I cleaned the weldings using pickling paste (nitric acid) and a scotchbrite:
PB180028.jpg

PB180027.jpg

BEFORE:
PB180029.jpg

AFTER:
PB180034.jpg

PB180033.jpg

PB180036.jpg

PB180037.jpg

PB180031.jpg

Here is a comparison between the stock midpipe and the Trackforged one:
PB180030.jpg

PB180032.jpg

The pipe is passing close everywhere, but it doesn't touch!
PB180050.jpg

PB180044.jpg

PB180041.jpg

PB180042.jpg

I went for a ride and I have to say that I feel a little more power, especially at low RPM. The sound is rich and deep. It sounds more massive at idle.

My car is now having a burnt smell. I guess that driving it in the next days will help to get the pipe hot and stop smelling.

Thanks to Terracar and sentraman for starting this groupbuy and thanks to Trackforged to make a 3'' midpipe that is easy to install and doesn't hit anywhere.

Trackforged

Glad to see your happy with it Martin!! That smell should go away in about a week, its normal for new exhaust components to make a funny smell for a little while.

Who's next!! :D

Evan
Trackforged

sMARTINside

Yesterday evening, when I went for a ride to test the midpipe, I was rolling slowly in the city with cars following me closely, and when I shifted, I heard a backfire (POP). My girlfriend was looking in her mirror, by coincident. She saw a flash of light at that moment. So my car threw a flame. That is fun, now! Good job Trackforged! :notworthy:

I just took more pictures of how close the pipe passes from the drive shaft and central tunnel. I think this pipe is the maximum size that you can pass in there without cutting some parts off.

PB190053.jpg

PB190060.jpg

PB190059.jpg
PB190057.jpg

PB190055.jpg
PB190054.jpg

sentraman

Martin that looks awesome. I am glad that with the help of Joe, TrackForged, and myself that we can could get a great product out for the alltrac guys.

Now we just need more guys to step up and buy. I know there are many that have been waiting forever to finally get a legit non ebay piece built.

Redrkt01

Terracar":3hh46t56 said:
We have 1 potential ST165, but it will be after Thanksgiving.

88St165#5035 did offer his, but with an aftermarket exhaust and ST185 motor it was a less than ideal condidate.

-Terracar

Joe, most everyone running an ST165 that's worth the money for a midpipe is using an later generation engine and an aftermarket exhaust anyway. For instance, I have a 185 GTE and a Caldina GTE for my ST165 and it'll run the HKS Silent cat-back. So as far as I'm concerned I'd be glad to see what it looks like on a car like 88St165#5035's.