ST185 3" Stainless mid-pipe is a go!

sentraman

I would assume that engine placement would be the same with a 165 and 185... I think We should try and test fit on both 165s

Redrkt01

sentraman":39v1albz said:
I would assume that engine placement would be the same with a 165 and 185... I think We should try and test fit on both 165s

Placement will be the same on all of the GTEs being that an S engine will fit in an S chassis. Regardless, I think you're right.....both need a test.

Terracar

I will speak with the shop on it.

I agree both would need to be tested, as the ST165 exhaust manifold does not sit as far out as the ST185 exhaust manifold which may mean differences in where the DP bolts to the rest of the exhaust.

The issue with the Dayne's ST165 is I mispoke about the exhaust - it is full custom not aftermarket, so we could not effectively confirm fitment to aftermarket catbacks available off the shelf. If anything we could confirm the crossmember clearance, but nothing more.

-Terracar

saved_1992

dont know if this helps but i have an aussie frt pipe / mid pipe and blitz axle back and swapped this exhaust between my 165 and 185 a few times with no problems other than getting the exhaust adjusted properly so would not rattle.

I installed this product today and all I can say is wow! Wish this was a product on the market years ago! Fitment is tight and a slight pain to line up the vband clamp but once u do it's seamless. Also I wish there was more clearance where this clamp goes but it's a tight fit any way u look at it.

Power you ask? This makes my car boost more liner than before. And also make more boost with out adjusting my MBC. Cant and for anything more!

Sound? Seems to have not made a big difference in my eyes. My car was already loud with my HKS slilent power with Ko racing downpipe.

Hope everyone hops on this high performance gain just as I did!

Terracar

Great Chris! I am glad you love it.

Total count is up to 3 and loving it! Hurry while the deal lasts!

-Terracar

Fox 21 Alpha

94 MR2 Turbo":3p18b6sv said:
Sound? Seems to have not made a big difference in my eyes. My car was already loud with my HKS slilent power with Ko racing downpipe.

So this will fit a HKS silent power and most other off the shelf exhausts and downpipes made to fit stock placement? I know one can assume, but I was just wondering if anyone could say for sure

sentraman

This pipe was built on stock downpipe and stock catback. So if your aftermarket downpipe and aftermarket cat back are suppose to be stock location replacements, then this midpipe will fit in those locations.

Terracar

Fox 21 Alpha":2jzbjay9 said:
94 MR2 Turbo":2jzbjay9 said:

So this will fit a HKS silent power and most other off the shelf exhausts and downpipes made to fit stock placement? I know one can assume, but I was just wondering if anyone could say for sure

Yes, if it is meant to bolt to the stock midpipe, it will bolt up to this one.

-Terracar

Brad_91

Money is being transferred to paypal as we speak :D
Should be buying by the end of the week. I'm excited! Christmas is coming early haha

Terracar

Glad to hear that Brad. Just send me a PM when you send the money so I can follow-up and confirm receipt.

-Terracar

Trackforged

Brad_91":2acq6i2d said:
Money is being transferred to paypal as we speak :D
Should be buying by the end of the week. I'm excited! Christmas is coming early haha

That is what I like to hear!

Who else is ready? If you guys want these in time for the holidays I'd suggest getting your payment sent soon.

I have a slight worry right now that a bunch of orders are going to come in for this during the last couple weeks of the group buy and get us backed up too much to get them out in time for some of the late comers to have them installed for the new year.

Terracar

sMARTINside":2mr8inlc said:
If Santa's sled is an Alltrac, it will have a nice bold sound for Christmas!

:rofl:

I agree. Demon went from a shy "hello" to a bold "I am ALL UP IN YO GRILL!"

Come on and get your mid-pipes while this deal is here!

-Terracar

sMARTINside

Here are 3 videos that my girlfriend took, so I could here how my car sounds with the new exhaust (Trackforged midpipe and HKS catback):

A little acceleration:

Idle sound:

Giving it some throttle on neutral:

sentraman

Great work on the videos... Now we need to get all these other guys on buying the pipe before the GB deal is over...