ST185 3" Stainless mid-pipe is a go!

Terracar

There is no more waiting! The group buy is a go! The time for a quality made mid-pipe is now! The jig is done and proven, the part is built and fitted; the mid-pipe dyno tested for proof of performance! (See dyno sheet comparison below)

When the dust settles will you be able to say you were true to your word? I know I will. It took longer than expected, due to delays in shipping the catalyst and I had them finish my exhaust. We also dynoed each mid-pipe option against the stock mid-pipe to prove the product rather than blow hot air up your skirt. So far, we have done everything everyone else has claimed and more – we followed through and now offer you the product.

This is a custom-made mid-pipe for the 1990-93 Celica Alltrac ST185. This package has multiple options. All made from 304 stainless steel. Created with performance in mind and designed to flow freely with as little restriction as possible. 1 year limited warranty, Aftermarket motor mount inserts are highly recommended (I personally recommend Speed Source), and not having them could possibly void the manufacturer warranty. Designed to fit factory down pipe position (meaning if you have a factory DP or an aftermarket DP that uses the same location this will fit).

Components: All made from 3” diameter mandrel bent 304 stainless steel for quality and longevity.
Components include the following:
Mid-pipe: One flex piece, 1 flange (3bolt), one V band.
Cat pipe: 3" Magnaflow race cat, one flange (2bolt), and one V band.
Test pipe: One flange (2bolt) and, one V band.

MPpic.jpg

There will be three option purchase packages.
Option A:
$560 Mid-pipe + TP. (Normal retail would be $650)

Option B:
$600 Mid-pipe, TP & Cat. (Normal retail would be $730)

Option C:
$580 Mid-pipe & Cat. (Normal retail would be $690)

Shipping: $60 for lower 48 and $75 for BC area Canada or $85 for all other provinces in Canada.

Please add your name to the list if you wish to get in on this group buy. Payment will be via PayPal directly to Forged Performance. The PayPal address for payment is trackforged (at) Gmail (dot) com. Again, please post your name here prior to payment to ensure that you receive the correct group buy price. We need the names to compile a material list for the mid-pipes.

Dyno sheets: The pulls were performed on a Mustang Dyno with several pulls for each option. The runs we performed on my car with a KO 2.5” down pipe and full 3” cat-back also made by Forged. The boost is stock. (No boost controller) The only thing that changed for each run was the mid-pipe portion. This is a true apples-to-apples comparison for each.
CompDyno.jpg

Dyno_Page_3.jpg

Dyno_Page_2.jpg

Dyno_Page_4.jpg

W/ stock mid-pipe: (Max boost achieved 9.5psi) Max power: 133.7 @5400rpm; Max Torque: 146.3 @ 4200rpm
W/High flow cat option: (Max boost achieved 12.5psi) Max power: 140.0 @6000rpm; Max Torque: 150.3 @ 3900rpm
W/Test pipe option: (Max boost achieved 13.1psi) Max power: 154.8 @6000rpm; Max Torque: 159.3 @ 4500rpm

**Groupbuy will be open until January 2, 2012. We are treating this different than most groupbuys, as in once payment is received, we start building the product. Turn around time from payment to shipping is 2 weeks. Tracking numbers will be provided.

Once we get a ST165 in the shop to test fit, we will be able to confirm ST165 fitment – so stay tuned!

Now I just got back from what I can only describe as falling in love. I have not stopped smiling since I first pulled out of the parking lot. Demon drives, as she should have all along. I can hit the throttle and feel the seat pulling me forward with the car. I cannot thank Dave and Jon enough for all their hard work and their attention to detail. There are no rattles, no banging, just the sweet sound of unadulterated 3sgte!

Add your name to the list: (Again please post your name here prior to payment to ensure that you receive the correct group buy price.)

Screen name / Real name / Option
1. Terracar / Joe S. / Option B (product received/installed/loved)
2. Flying Bajan / Martin Atwell / Option A.
3. Brad_91 / Brad W. / Option B (payment received - mid-pipe in process)
4. sMARTINside / Martin Vincent / Option B (
sMARTINside":o0vgq4iv said:
Hey, you can write on the first page of the thread that I love that exhaust! Martin
)
5. 94 mr2 turbo/Chris yap/option A (payment received, mid-pipe is installed and lved)
6. 2_Liter_Turbo / Steve M / Option B (3SGTE.net)
7. Zero06/Chris Peret/option A
8. lumbercis/James Dasinger/ Option A (payment received - mid-pipe shipped)

-Terracar

Flying Bajan

Flying Bajan / Martin Atwell / Option A.

HalleloooooooooooYA ! Finally !!!!! Come on guys and girls, get on this deal.

I assume that the finished product will have the welding burn marks polished off ???

Brad_91

What's the difference between the Test Pipe +Cat as opposed to just the cat option?? Does that change two parts of the mid pipe?! I'm a little confused :p

sentraman

Brad_91":3cc95l1s said:
What's the difference between the Test Pipe +Cat as opposed to just the cat option?? Does that change two parts of the mid pipe?! I'm a little confused :p

Testpipe + cat will come with the 3 pieces, if ordered either with the test pipe or cat it will come with 2 pieces.

sentraman

yes it is, so if you go with option B. you will get all 3 pieces. So the cat pipe is interchangeable with the test pipe.

sentraman

I am sure Joe will try and get the best pricing on shipping. I am happy to see that we dedicated owners who are ready for this purchase.

Thank you very much guys

sMARTINside

Did you turn on the boost for the runs with the new midpipe or it just went up with the better exhaust flow? 9.5 - 13.1 seems a lot...

I had myself:
sMARTINside / Martin Vincent / Option B

As I am from Canada, I would like to know what this will cost me in shipping. It will surely be more than for USA guys.

Terracar

sMARTINside":1q7kpeq1 said:
Did you turn on the boost for the runs with the new midpipe or it just went up with the better exhaust flow? 9.5 - 13.1 seems a lot...

The car is on stock boost with no controller. So the difference in boost is from the exhaust alone.

-Terracar

Terracar

Added shipping cost.

sMARTINside - I am getting a quote for you and also another Canadian for Ontario. I will let you know the price as soon as I have it.

-Terracar

sMARTINside

Terracar":22rw8a4i said:
Added shipping cost.
sMARTINside - I am getting a quote for you and also another Canadian for Ontario. I will let you know the price as soon as I have it.
Perfect, I just saw that you added the shipping costs to Canada. Thanks Joe.

Terracar":22rw8a4i said:
The car is on stock boost with no controller. So the difference in boost is from the exhaust alone.
It's quite amazing how much the stock midpipe section can be restrictive. The numbers talk by themselve. I am anxious to feel the difference!

st185rc

I just got the PM on this. I am extatic. Question: How will the stock motor mounts work with this? Was there any experience with running the car with stock engine mounts? Bucking? etc?

Terracar

st185rc":14nk7il9 said:
I just got the PM on this. I am extatic. Question: How will the stock motor mounts work with this? Was there any experience with running the car with stock engine mounts? Bucking? etc?

We did not test it with stock motor mounts (I already have the Speed Source inserts). The reason it is highly recommended is that these engines are known to have a large amount of engine play, especially since most people are on the 18+ year old rubber mounts. In all honesty it may not create an issue for you depending on your mounts, but we felt that this may create an issue and as such added the recommendation.

I strongly recommend the Speed Source engine mounts for 2 reasons; the first is that the product fits like a glove, easy to install, and works flawlessly. The second, Speed Source’s customer service is top notch. If something isn’t right they will fix it asap. I also have a how-to in the How-To section on how to install them.

Here is a link for them.
http://speed-source.net/?wpsc-product=t ... ine-mounts

-Terracar