how does the stock st185 vent boost

donnyavery

ok most cars use a bov ,bpv or equivalent and the st205 uses a bpv but how does the 185 do it im still confused i have googled and searched but all i find is "how to's" on bov install (im not looking to install a bov i just wonted to know how toyota did it) i have done a lot of mods as i built my motor starting with dehillbillying it but i still dont know how it was stock and thanks for any info yous can give and please try not to flame me like a noob (ive been building and drag racing turbo/nitrous powered ae86 and an mr2 for 5 years)

toayoztan

They don't vent or recirculate.

The MR2, as you know is basically the same motor, does have a BPV valve.

Usually if your motor is stock and you aren't pushing more than 12-14 psi on stock turbo, you'll be fine.

If you want to add a BOV on, most common way is putting in a Samco T-hose between the turbo and TMIC and whatever BOV you want.

Otherwise, you can weld it on of course.

With the AFM in place stock, general consensus is BPV > BOV but a lot of us haven't had issues running BOV either.

Bryan

donnyavery

toayoztan":6bvmqpch said:
They don't vent or recirculate.

The MR2, as you know is basically the same motor, does have a BPV valve.

Usually if your motor is stock and you aren't pushing more than 12-14 psi on stock turbo, you'll be fine.

If you want to add a BOV on, most common way is putting in a Samco T-hose between the turbo and TMIC and whatever BOV you want.

Otherwise, you can weld it on of course.

With the AFM in place stock, general consensus is BPV > BOV but a lot of us haven't had issues running BOV either.

Bryan
thanks for the info