Getting 205 IC, Need info about remounting SSQV!

CodingParadox

So I'm getting a 205 IC finally (yay!) Obviously I need to rig up the pump to always run, which is easy. The only problem I forsee is that I need to rig up something to move my SSQV over to the 205 IC.

Now, from what people tell me, the tube coming off the front-facing side of the IC at an angle is an air bypass hose. On the 205, supposedly this hooks up to an external bypass valve (like on the mr2) and then vents to atmo. Now, since I have neither the stock bypass valve, nor a MAP, I'm going to take the SSQV off my A:A IC and drop it onto the 205 IC. However, I'm not entirely sure what I need to do this.

I want to go recirc this time, since I don't want it venting to atmo anymore. So, to start with, I know I need to buy the 15$ SSQV recirc kit (little hose fitting for the end.) I will take this and route it into the stock intake somehow. Maybe I'll replace the EGR line with it for now or something. *shrug* I'll see about that.

More importantly, though, how do I hook the SSQV up to the IC? Since it's just going to hook up to a hose, it's not going to be on a flange anymore or anything. Hence, has anyone here mounted an SSQV to a 205 IC or anything similar, where it's just going to hook up to a hose? What am I going to need to do this? It'll make a lot more sense after I get the IC in a week or so, but I wanna order all the parts ahead of time so that hopefully I can have this all hooked up and running in time for the next autocross in 2 weekends (15 days.) :D

Gary

Is this what you need?

st165SamcoHose.jpg

aluflange3.jpg

CodingParadox

No, there's a separate port on the IC next to the inlet, probably a 1" pipe or so. That on the 205 goes to its bypass valve. So I need something to hook up to the port there that the SSQV can mount to. What it looks like I need is possibily the little flange thing you have there, but I don't know, specifically. What do you have for that flange, i.e. what is it, where'd you get it, how much, what are dimensions for the inlet, etc.?

Gary

May be I wasn't clear.
You need that adaptor and a 1" silicone coupler and you should be all set.

CodingParadox

Oh snap. The second image didn't load when I first read your reply (I'm on some crappy signal wireless right now, woo...) so I assumed you meant the T-pipe.

Yeah, what is that adapter, and where'd you get it? Coupler and hose clamps obviously aren't a problem, but I need that flange piece.

Qlynxer

I got a HKS bov adapter for my 205IC from atpturbo.com. You need the one with the 1 inch adapter, then all you need is a short peice of tubing and a couple of hose clamps.

Quan L

alltracman78

CodingParadox":1g9pvbdd said:
I want to go recirc this time, since I don't want it venting to atmo anymore. So, to start with, I know I need to buy the 15$ SSQV recirc kit (little hose fitting for the end.) I will take this and route it into the stock intake somehow. Maybe I'll replace the EGR line with it for now or something. *shrug* I'll see about that.

I wouldn't suggest the egr.
One, it's too small, and two, if you route the air back in after the turbo, you will have pressure on both sides of the valve. Not good.
You need to route it back to the intake pipe before the turbo.

CodingParadox

Yeah, I suppose it is a bit small.

I thought the EGR went to one of the pipes on the curved pipe between the AFM and the turbo? I thought the two lines that joined there were EGR and PCV...?

Well, I'll come up with something. I gotta go back home and look at my car to figure it out. I'm on a trip right now. :)

CodingParadox

Hmm... What's the VSV from then? I know there's a turbo VSV and an EGR VSV, and i know where the turbo VSV is, so that leaves the EGR VSV...? Is there another one?