V6 Celica

mx6er2587

definitely a doable project. The Mr2 guys swap the camry V6 in quite frequently. Most of the pertinant information would be the same between the two. You should check out mr2oc and read up on their swaps

CMS-GT4

Already a UK member who did a v6 swap into an alltrac using a rav4 gearbox. Another member on the board is working with a newer v6 that should mate up to the alltrac transmission.

yep, i've watched that video
i admire those guys, but that project was done in high-end garage
and definitely tons of money spent on it.
mr2 won't do because it's not 4wd
newer v6 with original transmission sounds very appealing
...i got to do some more digging about it =o)
...hard to find the right tread through the "search" though =o)

gearhead313

Thats the first time i've seen that v6 awd TT 5th gen...

I'd beg to differ, that looks like a little garage with a bunch of smack offs like myself rigging stuff together...... i mean, props for doing it but eh... tune sounds bad, smokes on the upshift... not impressed.

MWP

The guy in Aus used a 3VZ... wrong way to go IMHO.

The V6 to use is the 1MZ.
All alloy, so its about the same weight as the 3SGTE.

The xVZs are too heavy in an already front-heavy car.

scottytohotty

Another v6 engine i have seen swapped into mr2/celica is the 2gr-fe and i tell you what my step dad has a 2grfe camry and that thing hauls a** it is honestly concerning how fast that camry is. I always love going to car events when i take the camry because i get to blow peoples mind's on the way :D

Smaay

the 2GR is the optimum choice, but again its a wiring nightmare. its a DBW car so there is no throttle cable. you have to use the electronic gas pedal.

A better V6 swap is the 1MZ since its still a cable throttle. Im actually building a 3MZ hybrid. 3.3L 3MZ with 1MZ heads and intake. so i can run it with the 1MZ ECU. but this is in my 6th gen Celica not All-Trac.

fibrewizard

The aussie Build was My build...

the Twin Turbo GT4 build as mentioned above, has been through many different iterations, and is now in the process of a mental build, and it was A st184 cut and converted to AWD, as gt4 celicas are extremely rare in USA.....so he made his own........

on that, my current build is gt4 with the same 3vzfe conversion that I did in my 184, however keeping it AWD and adding a turbo.....
the 3vzfe is so much more of a robust and compliant engine compared with the 1mz, 2gr, and has less issues with wiring and bottom end strength.......

weight gain in my st184 was only 56kg with the v6 installed and finished

cant wait to get into this gt4 build

started stripping the 184, and have a 185 shell here all ready to start

Cuttyman9

Working on it in my soon to be grt184.

Used my 3D printer to prototype a pedal bracket, waiting on the machinist to make it for me from aluminum. Only requires covering the old hole for the cable and cutting an HVAC mounting arm.
Considered making that available if there's enough demand.

Doug did the wiring.

So far it's been very straight forward. I have 90 percent of the parts needed/mods to start the swap. Currently trying to get the car running so I can move onto the Z and then play some musical cars.

Got the motor for cheap and canned my 5sgte build (85 percent of the way through that sadly) so it only made sense.

From what I've seen they fit under the stock hood with minimal clearancing/hood spacers.