More boost!!!

Alltracghost

What shall I do 1st to my stock 90 alltrac to increase boost? Any suggestions? I've heard removing the cat is a good Idea...

Corey

Downpipe and a more efficient topmount intercoooler will increase boost by ~2psi on its own - without the boost controller.

My car is currently running 11psi with no boost controller (probably because of boost creep) and with the TVSV disconnected.

A straight intake will make a very noticable improvement aswell.

Just something to consider.

Alltracghost

Hey Corey... what does removing the tvsv does to the waste gate? does it keep it close? Any bad experiences with this fix?

underscore

disconnecting the TVSV decreases boost in 3/4/5 IIRC. grounding the TSVS wire will up the boost in 1/2

l0ch0w

The first thing to increase boost is some sort of boost controller electronic or manual will accomplish the same thing.

A boost cut defender is also a must if you plan on retaining a stock ECU and boosting past 10 psi. Basically the stock ECU will cut fuel if it detects anything beyond 10psi of boost. Some opt to simply disconnect the turbo pressure sensor, but this completely disables a useful safeguard IMHO. A boost cut defender device will allow you to increase boost levels, to say 15 psi without hitting boost cut, but say you blow out your wastegate controller line and you over boost to 16psi, the fuel cut function will still work to save your engine from damage.

I am totally pushing my product here, but I can make you a plug n play boost cut defender for less than half the price of any commercially available product. And its the only plug and play option that is available. PM me if you want more info :)

toyokid

When increasing boost
you also increase heat
so some sort of heat management will help keep your car reliable in the long term.

Stephen

celigts

If heat will be an issue you can always mount a fan on the tmic if it's stock or swap to a fmic and add a fan to the rad.

You'll also wanna make sure you have proper air flow for the increased boost IMO. Definitely agree with the FCD. Car won't let you go any higher then 10-12 depending I think on what model you have.