Best Sounding Exhaust with best performance help. and boost

stockli

Hey. im currently looking to upgrade mye exhaust for a 1990 alltrac. everything is stock now. i just want to know a good system that sounds nice and can give me optimal performance. i will take any suggestions and videos with sound would be nice.

I am also looking at a boost guage/controller. would something like this be acceptable? or would it be better to have a seperate boost controller from the guage?
http://www.eurosportdesign.com/p-2028-a ... oller.aspx

just leave me some ideas i'd be greatful.

4rsnduction

Im pretty sure there is still an active "3 inch exhaust" topic floating around here somewhere.....in a sea of older exhaust related threads.
Performance - 3inch
Sounds nice - 3inch + resonator + cat
Its the resonator that makes the note sound clean and professional.....i have full straight thru from turbo, no muffler....it sounds "cheap and tacky" but it flows like a mofo

Brad_91

I have a 3inch turbo back system, with no cats and it sounds really nice.. I have the HKS silent Hi-Power cat-back which is where the nice sound comes from thanks to the muffler..

It depends how much you can spend though, overall I have ~$1200 in my full system! :smokes:

Brad_91

Depends on your build.. I have a $50 manual boost controller and it holds the boost cut levels easilt.. Im in the process of buying a gauge so I can't comment on those yet :p. I'm hoping to get a simple analog one to keep prices down as best i can, but I don't plan on building mine up much more than that! If you want a lot of boost (15-20+) I would probably recommend a quality boost controller just to be sure it can handle it :)