Any lightweight pulleys out there?

celigts

Wondering what kin of lightweight pulleys are out there for us. Found a crank pulley for 95. That mainly the only one to change right?

ALLensTRAC

DO NOT use a lightweight crank pulley!!!! Our engines are equipped with a harmonic dampener not just a pulley. If you remove it and put a piece of aluminum on without the rubber insulation built into the pulley it will cause excessive harmonics inside the engine. This WILL cause premature engine failure. If you want to reduce weight run a chromoly or aluminum flywheel. If you want to replace the dampener just purchase a new factory one from Toyota.
Allen

underscore

There are usually underdriven alternator & powersteering pullies as well. Personally I'd never mess with the crank pully and just change the alt & ps, and a lightened flywheel.

celigts

Damn it's a good thing I didn't go forward with buying one. Are there none out there with the harmonic balancer in it as well?

Currently have no ps so that won't matter lol but seems like pretty useless going this route.

tubasteve

Yeah, would never get a crank one. I never notice a difference on the air flow metered cars, the speed densitycars are much more noticeable.
-jr

celigts

How about if we had the stand alone. Would we see the difference having lighter pulleys?

Did anyone notice a difference when or if they removed the ac and swapped belts and changed the tensioner pulley with grooves. I don't think there would be but still floating as a question :)

underscore

I ditched my AC but then blew my turbo haha, chances are you won't fel the difference, but it will be easier on the engine to ditch the AC, running or not.

tubasteve

celigts":3r64c67p said:
How about if we had the stand alone. Would we see the difference having lighter pulleys?

Did anyone notice a difference when or if they removed the ac and swapped belts and changed the tensioner pulley with grooves. I don't think there would be but still floating as a question :)

The stand alone s are mostly speed density.

celigts

underscore":14t971q9 said:
I ditched my AC but then blew my turbo haha, chances are you won't fel the difference, but it will be easier on the engine to ditch the AC, running or not.

Way ahead of you :)

Refyused

underscore":ttzwljz9 said:

why is it easier on the engine? less heat or something?

underscore

Refyused":3shhj5ry said:
underscore":3shhj5ry said:

why is it easier on the engine? less heat or something?

less resistance. even without the pump running, having that extra pulley on there saps power.

Mafix

unless you are moving to the ATI fluid dampener which is about 2 lbs lighter than stock for 3 times the cost, then leave your pulleys alone.

celigts

Mafix":27gn2lq5 said:
unless you are moving to the ATI fluid dampener which is about 2 lbs lighter than stock for 3 times the cost, then leave your pulleys alone.
won't be doing that as I don't even know what that is