ST185 conversion to ST205

Overtriped

The harness is the original 1990 USDM and ECU
I don't mind cutting these, it's still unclear exactly what to do with these, if you could go into detail that would be much appreciated :).
I'll be using a front mount, ACT 6 puck unsprung clutch, new cv shafts, moog ball joints.
Soon after this is on the rd my ST will be sold and the suspension and bushings will be rebuilt.
Right now I've got both wiring harness removed and I'm working on swapping
This clutch. For now I'll just run the JDM ecu
2CA6F142-D7B9-40D0-974F-54377206D0EB-954-00000094FE9125F8_zpse03f93f7.jpg

Overtriped

Decided to use the 205 wiring harness, and use the 185 fuse-box. This way I don't have to ohm out every wire on my old harness, it looks to be in rough shape, covered with oil.
I finally got the trans off the engine, only to find a TRD pressure plate, Disk and a Chromoley 4.5kg (9.92lb) flywheel!!
Getting that Resurfaced this week, then my ACT 6 Puck un-sprung disk, and heavy duty pressure plate will go in, trans back on.
EADC9C4C-6576-4F9E-9460-F63F12CADDFB-954-000000893BFBEFB6_zpsedce54ce.jpg

I'm also redoing all of the Vacuum, and coolant lines and ill be setting up the factory meth injector that is located on the backside of the intake plenum, and the factory anti-lag system, and using a Greddy Emmanage Ultimate to adjust timing and fueling accordingly.

Overtriped

Update: haven't worked on the st185 for a while... Injured my foot when reinstalling the trans, what a pain in the ass!! My other excuse is it was very cold in my garage plus my room mate has a ton of JUNK in there, makes it very hard to move around. Now I'm working more saving money again, the snow is thawing, and spring cleaning is happening. Hope to get my wiring harness back soon. Then the engine goes back in. Might rent a real SHOP space so I can get something done without tripping and hurting myself. It's been a rough ride so far but I can almost see the halfway point!!
Other news: blew the gearbox in my st165, in selling it ( no time or space ) got into another MINT tercel... It's really nice to use 87 octane and only burn 5 gallons a week. Much better than 5 gallons a day with 93 in the Celica.
Work in progress. Once I get something done I'll update again :).

Overtriped

Installed the engine back into the st185, still waiting on my wiring harness :(. Found a huge trans cooler from a Benz, plan on using that, need to get hoses and adapters. Ditched the Greddy Emanmage, gonna get her started on stock electronics and ease my way into a Megasquirt.... Picked up some Hel brake and clutch flex hoses. They look nice and are cheaper than OEM replacements, plus they have a lifetime warranty :). Degreased my front cross members and re painted them.
Removed everything from the grill area to make way for water to air heat exchanger, larger trans cooler (just going to bend some 3/8in soft copper for a larger subcooler.) plan on installing two push fans bracketed to the alloy crash bar.
Still need a dizzy rebuild, a water pump for the IC. Misplaced my shift cable clips for the trans. After some brass shift bushings aswell. Once it's started I'm off to the fabrication shop to fix my rear subframe mounts and other tender spots. Roll cage, seem welding, game bar, rear tire carrier, braces, skid plates are on the bucket list but down the road a bit.
I also have some stuff up for sale:
205 AC compressor
185 AC compressor
185 AC receiver
185 hood latch bracket (also supports tras cooler, and horns)
185 trans cooler, x2 flex hoses
185 JDM ct26 working tubo+ oil cooler and hard pipes
205 down pipe with cat
2nd gen top end dissasembled
2nd gen fuel rail and x8 injectors
2nd gen TVIS systems x2
V-band stainless down pipe
2nd gen exhaust manifold
Horn x2
St185 hood latch+cable
Rear seat belts

Pics upon request
Make an offer posted or picked up from Windham Maine 04062

Overtriped

Ordered clutch, and brake lines from HEL
xiimotorsports solid engine and rear dif mounts
Speed source front crossmember solid mounts, shift bushings
AEM wideband 02 sensor/gauge
Some JDM boost gauge I found in my garage that goes to 60psi (lol)
Distributer rebuild on its way.
Still need to button up the trans and PS coolers
Got my wiring harness back, need to get that straigtened out, and plenum back on.
More updates soon :)

Overtriped

Harness nearly finished, intake back on, worked on installing the motor mounts... Sent them to a shop to be pressed.
Picked up an oil pressure gauge (greddy)
Need to get some gear, engine oil. Still working on finding adapters for my Benz oil cooler.
Gonna order a 600hp heat exchanger for the WTA, put in some nice alloy big CFM push fans.
Noticed my sway bar mounts are rotted... Much welding to come

Overtriped

Harness completed, car runs, still have to do error 54 fix.
Still working on the race mounts from Klue.
New Stainless brake hoses are In new wheel bearings and seals installed
New axles in, ABS delete completed up front (sensors and brackets removed from
Hub)
Still have to tidy up the harness, and battery relocation
Needs an air box, catch can, over flow tank for Rad and intercooler.
DAMN SHE SOUNDS SWEET!!! :D

Overtriped

AC delete and klue's solid engine mounts

air to air FMIC converted to 3/4 NPT

29gpm 9psi stall flooded suction pump. Marine rated, brass impeller
Intake hole widened, inner fenders to come b4 winter

1inch hot water hose with high tension pipe clamps

Starting to fit hood, fenders, wheels, heat exchanger

Oil pressure, AFR sensors/ gauges installed (cold idle)

Re-sealed oil cooler (was leaking past the seal on the block)

Removed ghetto chrome grills from hood, did a
Bit of cutting (prob more cutting to come)

Robbed intake pipe from 2001 jeep wragler and purchased a 3.5in AEM cone and pre-filter (fits perfictly)

Freind in photo has helped a ton, here we are chipping the sound deadener out from the floor pan, bat. Relocation, every nut and bolt, ecu ect that doesn't need to be there is stripped.

Idk why but you can only see about 60% of
The images... Cuts off the right 1/3

Overtriped

Thanks man, been putting in a lot of hours. The new workspace is exelent! We fixed code 54 with some resistors and a relay too, waiting on Mafix to send me his brake setup and a couple other things so I can start road testing! :smokes:

Overtriped

Car is running with no engine codes, new brakes, wheel spacers installed, need boost controller and to finish mounting the ECU. Getting license plates this week :D

Click to view full image
New front brakes

Quick release steering wheel, fabricated a new center panel for gauges and switches.

ABS delete

Aero catch installed, dump valve polished

Overtriped

Adjustable rear sway bar and bushings, should pair Nicely with the race spec dif mounts

Stock wheel for sale $120
Clock tape $50
Eye candy

Overtriped

Now have the fluids in, and moving forward on road testing. At first the anti-lag valve was letting all the boost blow by (thought it was a BOV) plugged the IC hole and running no BOV... The surge sounds amazing. Don't worry I won't run it like that for long. Once we got the boost leak figured out it now hits fuel cut immediately. Thinking the flapper on the waste gate is stuck shut on the 3 inch downpipe. Wow... This car is a pain In the ass but after driving it with some boost ITS SO FUN :) :smokes: :evil: :D

Overtriped

A side note that with the uprated W2A system
The top mount stays cool to the touch, even after an hour of spirited driving.
I also upgraded the power steering cooler, and finally stopped the leaks (for now)

Overtriped

Quick video showing how quickly the turbo spools and hits fuel cut, have to find the over boost problem.
Thinking the waste gate is stuck shut.

Overtriped

Weighted gear knob, 93 shift assembly and baseplate. Will be looking
At possibly raising the baseplate if the cables allow. I also have the 205 cables I could possibly use if needed. URL=http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/Celicaovertriped/media/F169B839-A46B-41FB-B460-0EFE25C22593_zpstpgzfpb4.jpg.html]
F169B839-A46B-41FB-B460-0EFE25C22593_zpstpgzfpb4.jpg
[/URL]

Overtriped

Installed the 93 shifter assembly and base plate... Wow what a difference! Clutch still needs bleeding and adjustments.
Fixed the over boost issue, was a vac routing problem causing the WG to not open. Had an XS turbo BOV kicking around so I slapped that on, need a stiffer spring because it likes to chatter... Works fine though for now. Sun roof delete completed flame away idc :p
Video of me messing around, still need to get used to the light weight flywheel, and brakes. Her first donuts!!!

Overtriped

CMS-GT4":eqhaiyk7 said:
So are donuts easy to do? I only tried it in rwd cars.
Not bad, I was left foot braking to initiate the spin, will be a lot easier with the stiffer RSB and LSD. I don't like using the hand brake, but I'll prob install a hydro brake while I'm redoing the lines to the rear.

You really have to think about how your using the brakes and clutch... The car will understeer like a pig if your doing it wrong. On the other hand if you get it right you can drift for days with minimal counter steer.... Wish I had videos of my st165, that thing was a beast in the snow.