ST185 conversion to ST205

Overtriped

Updates, not much really... car was at the fabricator for a while and we decided the chassis is really too far gone to continue welding it... unless someone had ALOT of time with a welder its toast.

Cutting the cage out, pulling every part that is usable off from the car. Plan is to buy rust free shell from the south, and bolt all this stuff up to it. Maybe when the engine is out of the car Ill put the forged pistons, rods cams etc etc in.

sadly that's the end of this particular Chassis. With the demise of photo bucket this thread has no pictures and they are lost.

MY dream spec sheet for the new car follows:

Superwhite St185 chassis
Full ST205 conversion, engine trans, rear subframe
Race spec engine, subframe, cross member mounts
ACPT CF driveshaft
HKS 272 CAMS and adjustable gears
fully rebuilt head, machining done for ARP upgraded studs
Forged Pistons, rods, new bearings seals etc.
Anti-lag enabled
PS1000 Haltech ecu, long flying lead harness.
ID1700 E85 ready
Fuel cell, surge tank Teflon coated AN lines throughout
OZ racing wheels
Caged, Racing seats, Momo wheel, light weight dash, custom body wiring
list goes on and on... For now everything goes into storage until i can manage to buy the shell and rebuild.

Overtriped

Sold the car to Bruce Clear.
Replaced it with a 2017 GT86 and 2jzgte swapped my 04 2wd 5spd tundra. The new car has done many track days which is highly enjoyable. Done a few drag nights with the truck. The truck project has snowballed into something similar to what the Celica was, engine, turbo, haltech, beefy act clutch, chromoly flywheel, upgraded drive shaft, upgraded rear end and brakes etc etc.

Sadly this Celica project only saw 500 miles or so on the street after so much work.
Learned a ton from this project, and am happy to have had the whole alltrac experience.
Its funny reading back to my first posts, Sure have come a long way since then.

Thanks for everyone's input over the years!

Corey

Would love to see some pics of the GT86. Hope this doesn't mean you'll be leaving the forum for good and will poke your head back it from time to time! :)