turbo bearings

donnyavery

l0ch0w":3p8wo5sj said:
-Budget & Timeline
-Power Goals (if you are unsure of a HP number, give examples of what you want it to do)
-Is your car an AllTrac or a HalfTrac?
-Will you be wrenching on the car? Or is this going to be done at a shop?
time: senses this season street legel drags is almost over and my money situations im shooting for the end of next summer

budget:is kind of as i go, as i put money together to buy parts one at a time i got gen2 block and gen3 crank and should be ordering h-beams this week and ect

power:i i think i need to be like in the 375 to 400 awhp, im trying shooting for a mid to high 12sec street bracket (ever sense the flood of srt's at our local track even 12's will not be real competitive)

my car is a 1990 altrac not at fwd swap 3sgte

i will be doing all the work except the machening that will be done by a friend if mine Andy jensen http://www.jensensenginetech.com/

tw2

The goal of turbo selection is to use the smallest fastest spooling turbo that will meet your goals.

gtx3076, precision 5857 and an equivalent from compturbo would be what I would be looking at for your power goal. All of these come with either double or triple ball bearings, some offer ceramic ball bearings, all have some sort of advanced compressor blade materials- mostly billet aluminum and advanced designs. They are all pretty good value for money. I think borg warner ERF turbos are nice but too expensive and not really much better than the new stuff from other companies. I would stick with a T3 footprint with hopefully a 0.63A/R.

It also depends how much boost you want to run since you can make the same power on 10psi and 30psi depending on the turbo.