Water Meth injection with W2A IC?!

Mafix

klue":1aoe0gsj said:
zero06":1aoe0gsj said:
this topic is about water meth injection, not anti-lag methods... soo lets get off of that

my problem is that I am getting boost creep under WOT with the ct27 + my 3" exhaust...
with silencer in I am getting slow creep from 15-18 psi. my wastegate isn't flowing enough. and no its not the downpipe, I have already checked.

I'm looking at water meth as a safety net. anyone know of any good systems? Kit's or ways to make one using the w2a IC?

eh hem....

and i do realize that the usa isn't the world. hence why i was talking about BHP not WHP.

and with the volume of air...if you don't care to look at how things work going from a vacuum to pressure then please show me dyno results that confirm your claim. i've never seen one.

and did i not explain that there are several examples of cars? perhaps i should check and quote myself? i just threw a couple out there. to me it only makes sense to build a proper system. if you want a 300whp car then use wta. go ahead. i'm not saying you shouldn't. but i AM saying that in a street car there is no reason to stay with a 15 year old design and swear by it. that is plain silly. simple front mounts that outperform the best wta you can make with a 205 cooler and cost less. mine is excessive and overkill.

but please PROVE me wrong. there isn't any example out there. period.

and please zero...fix your creep first!

Mafix

i'll save everyone a trip to that horrid website that is trying to sell products and show some "in house" computer program designs. all they are saying in that terrible program is that if you use an intercooler the size of a house it will cause lag. that's common sense i thought?
"We have been using these figures (in house developed computer programme) for years to help us design ic. systems for customers, maybe that's why so many of our customers speak so highly of the results our products provide" (from website...yeah because if i wanted to sell you things, i'd tell you the same thing)

the reality of things are you might see a couple hundred rpm difference, literally 1 or 2 hundred. i doubt it. but we still have NO dynos. must be a reason for that? seriously i hope you can prove me wrong. good luck.

l0ch0w

Um.. Let me share a tidbit... The Gen 2 Cold start injector is the same part number used in the ST205 WRC model as a water/meth injector ...

Im too lazy right now to dig up all the documentation on it, but trust me... the homologation WRC ST205s use the same part number injector as the CSI for its water injection nozzle.

This answers the OP's question about whether or not water injection was ever used on a A2W system... And im telling you that it was, it was post throttle body, and it was available OEM (albeit deactivated)

In order to run a water injection system inside the intake manifold I would imagine it would be really cool for you to setup a map within a standalone EMS to control the flow of water/meth to help conserve fluids :)

Mafix

underscore":w7882oqy said:
In that case do you have some dynos backing up your claims?
they are not claims :p but google displays About 448,000 results (0.53 seconds). i'm really not going to sort through all that. have fun.

zero06

l0ch0w":2ld1dqjk said:
Um.. Let me share a tidbit... The Gen 2 Cold start injector is the same part number used in the ST205 WRC model as a water/meth injector ...

Im too lazy right now to dig up all the documentation on it, but trust me... the homologation WRC ST205s use the same part number injector as the CSI for its water injection nozzle.

This answers the OP's question about whether or not water injection was ever used on a A2W system... And im telling you that it was, it was post throttle body, and it was available OEM (albeit deactivated)

In order to run a water injection system inside the intake manifold I would imagine it would be really cool for you to setup a map within a standalone EMS to control the flow of water/meth to help conserve fluids :)

Thanks for the info l0ch0w, Ill look into that!

as for the w2a vs ata issue lets not argue I had 2 years to sort through the two systems and decided on the one I did for reasons I may share in a build forum when I get around to it.

as for the boost creep It wasnt my aussie dp, its my wastegate It opens at around 8 psi now that I've modified it, but Im still getting around 18 psi at times. very troubling :/
I want to use w2a as a safety net to prevent detonation for now, and the boost creep issue is still being fixed

klue

Still interested in your boost creep issue...

Is the door opening fully? how did you "modify" the waste gate?

zero06

the door was not opening fully, the actuator fully extended would not open the door more than 45deg. I bent the bracket to set the actuator back farther, and open more/sooner but Im still getting issues, Im thinking of cutting the actuator rod and threading in a turnbuckle.

klue

After you bent it was it still working?

Did you talk to ATS? (you have a ct27 right)

Sometimes you can tear the diaphragm in the WG actuator, check to make sure its not leaking. Compressed air and soapy water will help.