Electronic boost controller recommendations

RallyX-GT4

Well, it's been some time since I've been able to give the All-Trac some TLC (in fact, I only got It running again just last week).
I currently have a super basic MBC. I would like to upgrade to something a little nicer and more precise. Back in the day, I had my mind made up on the Blitz Dual Solenoid Boost Controller. However, I'm sure things have changed a bit since then.
So, any good recommendations? One that caught my eye recently was AEM's Tru Boost unit. Anyone have experience with this unit?
Thanks in advance!

ZeroDrift

I personally have the HKS EVC-S and I quite like it. My wife's Subaru has a Greddy Profec B Spec II and its not too shabby. Between the two I really prefer the capabilities of the HKS EVC-S as it has wonderful safety features to keep things in check. Best of luck!

warracer

HDI electronic boost controller ftw ;)

150$ shipped, only 1 function though, but you can adjust your boost on the fly in the cabin, works perfect for me :D

Fox 21 Alpha

I read around and decided to go with the Tru boost. Seemed the best in the price range. Haven't installed it yet though, so all I can tell you is it comes in a neat little package. :D

gt4tified

celica_gtx":2cv796zb said:
How easy was it it tune n ur self n what giides u fallow for r eng? I found a apexi by me fairly cheap

yes, a friend helped me tune initially, but that was when i knew diddly squat about ebc's on the whole. After reading the install and tuning guide over and over until it made sense, and I got used to messing around with the unit with the car on idle, it was quite easy to tune/adjust.

celica_gtx

I like the functions on the avcr..I think ima pick this one up the only thing is that its used n Idk how to make sure it works

gt4tified

That's about the price of them in used condition. They used to be more, but of course due to age, prices come down a bit.

gt4tified

Tip...be careful with the wiring...make all your splices into the ecu harness as neat as possible and properly insulate exposed wires. If drilling through the firewall for the harness, make certain and use a grommet. You'll want to use the injector duty function, the rpm, speed, boost....all these can be displayed simultaneously....but decide which is most important since with each new parameter monitored, the display area for each gets smaller.

celica_gtx

gt4tified":1ep27e0p said:
You'll want to use the injector duty function, the rpm, speed, boost....all these can be displayed simultaneously....but decide which is most important since with each new parameter monitored, the display area for each gets smaller.

what bout tunin I wanted to give it a shot my self. I wanna be at 1bar and its my dd. Then tune thro gears raise or lower dependin on feel. Also my turbo is a .50 machined ct26 w stock wastegate this gunna be good enough?

gt4tified

celica_gtx":1secv95a said:
gt4tified":1secv95a said:
You'll want to use the injector duty function, the rpm, speed, boost....all these can be displayed simultaneously....but decide which is most important since with each new parameter monitored, the display area for each gets smaller.

what bout tunin I wanted to give it a shot my self. I wanna be at 1bar and its my dd. Then tune thro gears raise or lower dependin on feel. Also my turbo is a .50 machined ct26 w stock wastegate this gunna be good enough?

1 bar should be fine for that turbo. is your intercooler setup fmic or the oem tmic?

use the learn function in the beginning...then start with incremental adjustments to get it to where you want.

celica_gtx

i got it wired up..

problems boost not changing.
the boost gauge is reading -230mmhg
and will change + or - 2

is my boost snr bad?

also on the solenoid which ports do u guys have n goin to where
so i can check my work.

other than that everything else reads