Where to buy pipes for custom exhaust?

toayoztan

I'm building a custom exhaust. Brother is going to weld it for me.

Goal is 500+ and eventually more.

I was thinkin 3.5". I plan to run under the rear axle like Pat did.

My brother probably knows where, but I'm on my 72 hour call weekend here in the ER, so I'm bored and decided to ask you guys :D

I was thinking, if I needed/wanted more room under the rear axle, how about putting in a flat/oval piece with comparable flow/volume? Would that jack with the flow/pressure, etc?

I plan to use a magna flow dual tip muffler to help retain what stock look I can and still get the performance.

Where's a good site to get the piping, flanges, flexes, quality steel, etc? I'm all about quality, but that doesn't mean there isn't a good deal out there too for quality pieces. Let me know!

Thanks!

Bryan

Hotrodhendrix

I found a decent amount of places that sold SS mandrel bends online but no local shops. I did find a place in Denton that we had a 3000gt dyno day which has a mandrel bender. Mine was done by a shop near me with mandrel bends he ordered, 3" and tip was a single 2" to 3" tip which was cut to only a 3" off the muffler. Looks tiny and stock like yet is straight through 3" mandrel exhaust. Has a decent size magnaflow muffler universal straight through, flex piece, high flow cat magnaflow and 18 inch bullet straight through muffler. One day I will get a video up of the sound. Quite for a 3" 3sgte but I would say mid range in noise level over all. Fairly deep sound. I didnt go SS as rust here is not an issue and didnt see the point in the extra cost.

~James