Manifold Idea

CSAlltrac

Im just curious if anyone else has ever thought of building a manifold with an EVO turbo flange. It would retain twin scroll as well as open up a world of turbo options for us. The only portion that would need some customizing is a downpipe. Plumbing is easy enough to sort out.

RedCelicaTRD

Why? You could do a twin scroll T3 flange and have even more choices. Then you also don't have to worry about using an Evo downpipe flange.

CSAlltrac

Simplicity is why I would do it. The ability to get proven aftermarket parts for an application supported. Also the ability to maintain internal gates that perform well. The cost is a factor as well, It wouldnt take much to get it all done

sentraman

Trackforged already has a manifold made with a T3 flange that can be changed to a twin scroll as well. We also are a precision turbo whoesaler as well so we can make a whole kit and we make the midpipe as well.

mx6er2587

:shrug: its not a bad thought.

I took a slightly different approach in the past and ran with a subie turbo for about a year. (well at least frame wise, gt30 on the insides :wink: )

I used a 1st gen single entry manifold with an adapter to the Subaru flange. Then I just used an ebay downpipe with the ct26 flange cut off and a subaru flange welded on. The combination of the different angle of the single entry manifold, my turbo adapter, and the turbo itself put the downpipe almost exactly back in the stock location. :)

CSAlltrac

mx6er2587":3t7ako4s said:
:shrug: its not a bad thought.

I took a slightly different approach in the past and ran with a subie turbo for about a year. (well at least frame wise, gt30 on the insides :wink: )

I used a 1st gen single entry manifold with an adapter to the Subaru flange. Then I just used an ebay downpipe with the ct26 flange cut off and a subaru flange welded on. The combination of the different angle of the single entry manifold, my turbo adapter, and the turbo itself put the downpipe almost exactly back in the stock location. :)

Plus it would open up a world of used take off turbos. A stock EVO turbo would be a huge upgrade from a CT.