ST205 engine in a 90 ST185 need HELP with Wiring conversion

Overtriped

I've got my car, with the engine out of it and its pretty much ready for the engine to go back in.
I have the 205 clip on the floor with a new clutch, and resurfaced flywheel in it. The intake plenum is removed, as is the wiring harness. I also have the engine harness from my 185 removed, the harnesses are sitting on a table next to another.

I've read the entire 205 swap page. there is still a lot of grey area for me and i'm still unsure what to do.
I do have some electrical experience, mostly in high voltage AC. I do occasionally work on 12v DC.

My objective(s): To get my car running with out having any wiring issues with this new engine (obviously.)
I Would also like to make a clear, concise wiring schematic for everyone to be able to look at, so if anyone wanted to 205 swap their 185 they could come here to look at it and not be intimidated by the amount of info that lays in front of them. Ideally I would like to have this be exact so there is no grey area. I Understand there is a couple ways to do this, I would prefer to use the way that utilizes all of the Factory body wiring that way we don't run into things like
brake lights don't work, ect.... please if you have done this and have a solid understanding of it, enlighten me ! :D

CptActnMan

i can be of some help in these matters from time to time.

i am currently doing a 215 on my 165 so i am in the mood already.

start here : http://gt4.mwp.id.au/

print out the two EWDs

are all the plugs on the 205 harness in good working order?

CptActnMan

The first thing I do I sprawl the 205 harness out and lay the 185 harness on top matching up the injector clips 1 to 1 . This will give you an idea of the ecu plug length, and any other plugs scattered about that will need to line up with the chassis harness.

I will pour over the manuals tonight if I can find a minute and hopefully I can give you a pin by pin hookup schedule.

sMARTINside

I did that swap (ST205 in ST185) and took many notes concerning the wiring harness.

ST185 vs ST205 ECU
ECUconnectors.jpg

ST185 connectors (dash plugs on the left, fusebox on the right):
ST185FuseBoxandDash.jpg

ST205 dash plugs
Dashconnectors.jpg

ST205 fusebox (EA1 connector and wires going to the fender)
EA1cutwires.jpg

I hope this helps! My swap works 100% right!

CptActnMan

i spent some time with the EDWs today, i don't think i can do this swap in my head.... but i will walk you through how i did my 215 swap. the basic jist is to merge the plugs that mate to the 185 body, to the 205 harness (clearly)

i started with powers and start. on the 185 harness you need to locate the connectors that connect to the body (mine was one near the firewall pass through, and the fuse box) you will need wires colored B, B-O, B-R, and B-Y, on the 205 harness there will also be connectors that mate to the body, and these will match up color to color.

from there i worked out the circut opening relay, fuel pump, guages, and then the AC

PERSONALLY i did not cut ANYTHING on my 215 harness, i went out and located all the plugs that would have appeared on the caldina body harness and built connectors so i did not have to cut the harness wires in any way, i realize this is above and beyond.

i can also point you around to pick up un-crimped pins, seals, and plugs you may need.