Switch to full style
Q&A regarding engines, turbos, and intercoolers and power upgrades
Post a reply

what is the best turbo

Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:45 pm

what is the best turbo in the world.
im not talking about a single monster turbo that could produce a 1000bhp.
im talking about a reasonable turbo that could be purchased from ebay or local trader etc..... and could be put on a gt4.

I know this would take mods but that's not the point, who makes the best turbo, is there one turbo in particular that is great for some reason and stands out more than the rest? off a skyline? supra? evo? Volvo? etc.....

whats your opinion, im not to sure about turbos so it would be great to here was other people think.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now

Re: what is the best turbo

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:43 pm

That is a pretty broad question. There are a lot of good turbo choices out there but hard to pinpoint a "best" turbo. But finding the best turbo to fit your needs requires a little bit more info as to what you are looking for as your cars setup and how much money you are willing to spend.

Re: what is the best turbo

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:44 pm

I'd have to say, a Borg Warner EFR series turbo. New technology, and many sizes for all applications.

Re: what is the best turbo

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:02 am

monkey8oi wrote:That is a pretty broad question. There are a lot of good turbo choices out there but hard to pinpoint a "best" turbo. But finding the best turbo to fit your needs requires a little bit more info as to what you are looking for as your cars setup and how much money you are willing to spend.


What i mean is compared to the gt4 turbos, how does turbos from other companies compare? Of a similar power, would an evo or cosworth turbo suited or been better,

Re: what is the best turbo

Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Best for what?

Re: what is the best turbo

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:11 pm

lumbercis wrote:Best for what?


better than the ct26, spool up faster higher boost, more reliable, more tuneable, easy to upgrade, repair, etc........

im guessing the ct26 etc... was the best as no one can immediately think of a turbo they would rather have for the similar power outputs.

question answered.

Re: what is the best turbo

Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:10 am

What just happened here?

Re: what is the best turbo

Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:30 am

leekycelicy wrote:
lumbercis wrote:Best for what?


better than the ct26, spool up faster higher boost, more reliable, more tuneable, easy to upgrade, repair, etc........

im guessing the ct26 etc... was the best as no one can immediately think of a turbo they would rather have for the similar power outputs.

question answered.


Cheeky ass bitch mofo :shoots:

Re: what is the best turbo

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:18 am

leekycelicy wrote:no one can immediately think of a turbo they would rather have for the similar power outputs.


Why would anyone change the turbo to get a similar output ?
...the whole point, nay, the only point to change your turbo is because you want more power not similar power.

Take for example a penis enlargement,
You get a penis enlargement for more length not similar length

Re: what is the best turbo

Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:52 am

4rsnduction wrote:
leekycelicy wrote:no one can immediately think of a turbo they would rather have for the similar power outputs.


Why would anyone change the turbo to get a similar output ?
...the whole point, nay, the only point to change your turbo is because you want more power not similar power.

Take for example a penis enlargement,
You get a penis enlargement for more length not similar length


Similar power from factory spec as to give a guide to turbos in the same price bracket.

If you could get a penis that went up quicker, lasted longer and worked well into its 90th year then id be happy upgrade for the same length lol

Re: what is the best turbo

Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:59 pm

Just leave this here and let him figure it out himself.
http://www.mrcontrols.com/primers/sizing.htm

Re: what is the best turbo

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:09 am

Compturbo triplex oiless from a turbo the size of a gt28 all the way to a monster capable of making 2500. Best tech I've seen so far. Spool time is amazing and reliability is much much better than precision

Re: what is the best turbo

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:11 am

And sorry to say it but the power primer is just a generalized guide, I personally would not follow it to the letter but it does give a basic idea

Re: what is the best turbo

Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:12 am

4rsnduction wrote:
leekycelicy wrote:no one can immediately think of a turbo they would rather have for the similar power outputs.


Why would anyone change the turbo to get a similar output ?
...the whole point, nay, the only point to change your turbo is because you want more power not similar power.

Take for example a penis enlargement,
You get a penis enlargement for more length not similar length


Why would you need a penis enlargement when you drive an all trac? :lol:

Re: what is the best turbo

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:13 am

Lol maybe ?
Post a reply