5sfe Rods 1000hp?

spitfiremk16

Pauter makes the only aftermarket 5sfe rods. So thats your only choice. Unless you have a machine shope cut your rod journals on your crank down to accept 3sgte rods. Then you can run 3s rods. Your planning on making 1,000 hp? Not many folks have done that on a 5s/3s.

CMS-GT4

Top Secret used to sell 1000hp capable 3sgtes based on what they did with their 200+mph 3s supra.

mikahogl

Hello! I dont know why everyone running 5s-gte have to grind down the crank. if you do this you have to reharden the crank and you get a smaller surface for the rods to lube and a smaller surface for the power from the pistons to spread on the crank.
We have rods here in sweden custom for the 5s, tested on volvos to 1100bhp and audi 5cylinder to 1300hp, for the same price as eagle.
When grinding down the crank you also weakens you crank, i just think using 5s rods is a much better idea.

lumbercis

There's not been any 1000whp 3sgtes on gas. I think Pat's is probably the highest. Some methanol drag cars have gone over (Rosado etc.) but methanol motors are somewhat of a different bag of beans.

Mafix

no they are not, as far as the bottom end is concerned. they all use STOCK cranks unless they are running a stroker. all the same stresses and those guys run much higher rpm (srt runs up to 12k and paradise is at 10k). they both use custom made aluminum rods, off the shelf arias pistons, and stock cranks. low boost is 36 for both. high boost i'm not allowed to divuldge (it shames deisels)