unbranded turbo from an mr2???????

leekycelicy

I have 2 spare turbos from my st165, one is labelled ct26 and the other has nothing on it, it came off an mr2 orginal engine but was in my st165.

what could this un-named turbo be? its the same looking as the ct26, but I was told the mr2 engine was running more power, could this be the supra one? what 3sgte turbo was unbranded?

sinerasis

Supra/7mgte ct26 turbos still have the ct26 cast in the housing... they look almost identical to the 3sgte. I think the only visual difference is the bracket for the wastegate actuator and how it connects to the turbo.

Unless you can figure out that the housing has been ground smooth or something, I would bet it's one of those knock off ebay turbos.

Edit: Oh maybe I misunderstood. If it still has a Toyota casting (but no ct26) its a ct20b. That would make sense if you know its from a MR2. I think that's what athousandleaves is getting at... however I don't think there is a single entry 20b.

warracer

If ''TOYOTA'' is casted on it, its a CT20B, probably came off a 3rd gen SW20 3SGTE :) These are excellent upgrade for our cars

leekycelicy

I have just realised i cant see the entry as its still on the manifold, was thinking of the other one, it says toyota but not ct mark, so 20b? Will it fit on the orginal st165 engine?

leekycelicy

Thanks guys, il take a closer look. I think the turbo is buggered any way, the exhaust side has cracks, can you replace juat the exhaust side?