ST215 blow off valve Q

UtahSleeper

So, I just installed a a 4th gen 3sgte and have a question. I found this pic:

1996_toyota_caldina-pic-5039.jpeg

And it looks like there a BOV located right before the TB. Is this a needed thing or can I just recycle it into the intake?

Sorry if its a noob Q, but just trying to iron out details before making my intake.

deecee

ST215 does not have a bov as stock from what I remember. The picture shows an aftermarket bov added before the TB.

If you do use a bov, you can plumb it back into the intake or run it open and make loud noises. Recirculation of the BOV air will not give you a phsss on throttle release - and all the old people will thank you for it ;)

UtahSleeper

DeeCee":1u6lqb5r said:
ST215 does not have a bov as stock from what I remember. The picture shows an aftermarket bov added before the TB.

If you do use a bov, you can plumb it back into the intake or run it open and make loud noises. Recirculation of the BOV air will not give you a phsss on throttle release - and all the old people will thank you for it ;)

I mostly wanted to verify that I did not need a BOV for the motor. So, I should be able to just cap it and not worry about it then?

deecee

My bad. There is a stock bov located on the factory airbox, therefore it is already recirculated into the air intake system. You are best to keep it if you are expecting to run a stock factory setup.

bov.jpg