greddy tdo6 help

gtfourever

Have any of you guys ever heard of too much oil comming from the oil feed line on a greddy tdo6 therefore causing blow by, (bov, tailpipe, etc.). A local speed shop told me I may need a oil resrictor in the feed line. Ever heard of that?

Boosted3s

I have heard of an oil restrictor but only on newer GT series turbo's. My guess would be the drain line is not adequate or it is clogged or kinked. You could also have excessive crank case pressure which could also cause oil to back up in the turbo.

Qlynxer

I remember hearing on the mr2 forums that there somthing wrong with the oil drain on the tdo6 kit. I know that somone on their forum was offering a group buy for a braided drain line upgrade. Try doing a search on mr2oc.com

Quan L

polarmoment

it's weird. i wasn't sure about this either as most mitsubishi turbos have a restrictor in the center housing. when i put the big 16g on my talon though, it didn't run right without the restrictor in the oil filter housing, and people had reported failures when not using that restrictor. a -3 oil line should take care of it..