V6 in Camry All-Trac

phattyduck

Or find a good smog guy and stop worrying about the ref. It'll blow perfectly clean out the tail pipe no matter what you do (as long as it has a good cat on it). As long as you don't have an obnoxious exhaust, a cop will NEVER have you pop the hood in an old Camry. Trust me.

-Charlie

de_engineered

phattyduck":11h2eo0u said:
Or find a good smog guy and stop worrying about the ref. It'll blow perfectly clean out the tail pipe no matter what you do (as long as it has a good cat on it). As long as you don't have an obnoxious exhaust, a cop will NEVER have you pop the hood in an old Camry. Trust me.

-Charlie

I've been thinking that lol. My brother has an '85 MR2 reg'd in a county where there is no smog, friend of a friend lives there kinda deal, might get in on that too, or a hook as said.

I've read the newer V6s blow cleaner without cats than the old 4 bangers ever did with. Still keeping the cat for teh earf, and indeed noise abatement.

This is all pending better better employment eventually, so this will remain armchair for a while til then. Gonna measure twice and twice again til I start cutting (or at least starting to gremlin out the old lump in the meantime!).

Now I have to see if it's cheaper to hack an MR2 V6 header, or go from the ground up. I'd like provision to go twin turbos possibly (dreaming big!), say using T3 flanges to mate manifolds to Y-pipe, maybe that can be worked into an existing design.

Thanks for the feedback!