ATS Racing External Wastegated TD06 kit for ST185+

silverarrow

You have to understand the wastegate sits way lower in a 240 than an all trac though. Just letting you know that it's better to go with a turbo kit that has the wastegate in the right place already. I took it to a well known local shop and the guy said it's harder than it looks. Complicated due to little room in front. Little room = more time = more money, but if you'll be doing it yourself...all it takes is time. Have to remember about radiator clearance as well. I still suggest to buy a bolt on kit instead of trying to relocate the wastegate though. Just giving you my 2 cents from my recent experience.

T-spoon

1990alltrac":3ckeq3kj said:
Where are the coolant lines? Are they also included and where do you tap into for the coolant? Do you use the same lines as the ct26?

I love that sound when he takes off :D

Huh, I thought the TD06 was oil only?

maroon_185

on the 240 we relocated the wg to cxlear his brake booster, not the hood. took only a few hours. So I think Iw ill go that route and will elt you all know how that turns out when the time comes

2of81

maroon_185":11vrm4fy said:
This wouldn't be too difficult and I really would rayher have a t3/t4 turbo than a td06

Why not get the ATS adapter with the WG and have Aaron make a T3 downpipe and viola a T3/T4 turbo kit for the All-Trac minus rewelding headaches.

2of81

Celi-GT4":nkvvxkur said:
WG inerfered with front motor mount on my ATS upgrade TDO6 kit. I had to heat pipe and bend it to driver side about an inch. Good quality though.

That sucks, wish I would have known about that before I had it ceramic coated. :cry:

illGT4

T-spoon":3chqw9h8 said:
1990alltrac":3chqw9h8 said:
Where are the coolant lines? Are they also included and where do you tap into for the coolant? Do you use the same lines as the ct26?

I love that sound when he takes off :D

Huh, I thought the TD06 was oil only?

The ATS version if you will, is both oil and water cooled.

T-spoon

Ah, I see, interesting. I would have thought one of advantages to using a TD06 would be to get rid of the water cooling.

illGT4

T-spoon":3gmljoec said:
Ah, I see, interesting. I would have thought one of advantages to using a TD06 would be to get rid of the water cooling.

no advantage that I'm aware of. Most prefer both.

T-spoon

Less piping is always an advantage, more room, fewer things to wear out. Also can help with coolant temp stability.

illGT4

T-spoon":2avmcnd4 said:
Less piping is always an advantage, more room, fewer things to wear out. Also can help with coolant temp stability.

Cool. Most of the guys I know preferred the 20g (td06) for that reason. Both water and oil.. I dunno.

later,

ATSAaron

T-spoon":2d5hqkox said:

piping? Its like 18" of hose.

The water cooling INCREASES the turbo life, it prevents things from wearing out.

Coolant stability? Is that a problem with your car?

Aaron

ATSAaron

FYI we can built a T3/T4 kit using the same adpator and wastegate setup. The price would be the same ($2,000), but expect it to take a little longe because we don't stock t3 style downpipes. For what its worth I prefer the TD06 personally but I gotta make a buck somehow ;-)

Aaron

T-spoon

ATSAaron":18wjlrce said:
T-spoon":18wjlrce said:

piping? Its like 18" of hose.

The water cooling INCREASES the turbo life, it prevents things from wearing out.

Coolant stability? Is that a problem with your car?

Aaron

Are you saying a turbo designed to be oil only wears out faster than water cooled turbos? When I say help with coolant temp stability, that's just what I mean. I'm not saying it causes huge problems but it can't help but add heat to the system, if for a short time, that still adds spikes to what optimally is a flat line. That 18" of hose is still 18" of hose that you have to work around. You know all-tracs have increadibly cramped engine bays, even compared to MR2s, so you know that even if it's just a small advantage to not have that piping, it can still be beneficial. I was not intending to spark a big debate about it, everything has advantages and disadvantages, I was just mentioning it since the subject was brought up.

toayoztan

I think someone asked this a while back on this thread but is there any dyno sheets we can see for this kit? I'd like to see the curves and figures too. Thanks!

Bryan

silverarrow

Thanks for the fast shipping Aaron.

Man I just tried installing the said adaptor onto my car today and what can I say? It's a bitch to work with if you don't have the right setup as what ATS made it for. The wastegate tube that goes down from the adapter sits side to side with the stock banjo bolt(so close together you can't loosen it or tighten anymore) and it's also hitting my oil return hose(which I think is the culprit for not letting me bolt up this whole thing together nice and tight). A little trimming of the stock fan shroud needed as well for the t3/t04e turbo. Got everything on there and something isn't letting the turbo manifold sitting flush against the block so I have a huge exhaust leak. Downpipe that came with my turbo kit will now have to be refabbed up to make it fit with the exhaust system. Talking about getting myself into more shit. I'm thinking about getting rid of everything and start all over. Probably go with a td06sh turbo kit that bolts right on. Although if you have any offers on a trade Aaron I'd happily listen to what you have to offer if I send everything in for a bolt on turbo kit? Yeah I know I'm dreaming...turbo kit I have now is from an mr2 so pretty much it will bolt right up to an mr2. I may just end up selling it :cry:

Garrett T3/T04E Ballistic turbo, Stage 3 turbine, 60-1 trim wheel, .63 ar with a turbonetic iron cast manifold. Turbonetics Deltagate II external wastegate w/ 2 1/2" custom dp. Includes all oil lines and fittings. Wastegate routed back into dp.

To you guys that are DIYer's like me, please don't buy things like this expecting to make it work with your particular setup without needing to spend more money.