Injector duty cycle too high, fuel pressure issue?

abraxxa

My Haltech Elite throws an error code because the ID1000 injectors go beyond 90% duty cycle.
My fuel setup is a Supra MKIV fuel pump with low mileage, stock fuel lines, new stock fuel filter into the Gen 4 top feed fuel rail and its stock fuel pressure regulator.
I'm running 1.8bar (26 psi) on a EFR7064 twin scroll turbo on 98 octan fuel.
The injectors should be good for more power and I'm wondering which part of the system might be the weak link.
I suspect either the Supra pump getting weak or the Gen 4 fuel pressure regulator not being able to handle such high pressure.
And ideas?

abraxxa

I've changed the fuel pump from a Supra MKIV to a Walbro 450lph, then my base pressure was way too high thanks to the OEM Gen 4 FPR not capable of letting enough fuel through.
A Aeromotive A1000 Gen II fixed the issue almost, still too high fuel pressure at idle but ok as soon as I'm driving.
Sadly a huge crack in cylinder 2 hindered me from fixing it altogether by running a larger fuel line back to the tank.

aus jd 2703

i turned off the DTC for injector duty becuase i was experiencing false readings, effectively on tip in etc i would trigger a 90% duty cycle that would last 0.0001 sec before the injector duty stabilized at 40%(1550cc injectors making 240kw).

this may not apply to you but worth checking what the actual duty is vs a spike.

abraxxa

Thanks for the pointer!
I did log the duty cycle and saw 100% under boost.
Will check again when the new engine is built and in.