Intake Manifold

alltrac801

So I know the T-VIS intake manifold from a 3SGE motor is a direct fit for a gen 2 3SGTE. Does anyone know if the EFI intake is a direct bolt on?

alltrac801

So I'm looking to do the side feed intake on a gen 2 head. And I know it's been done and there is a lot of information on this forum about it but I've only ever seen it done with the T-VIS intake from the 3SGE. I was just curious if the EFI intake manifold was a direct bolt on as well.

underscore

What is the EFI intake? EFI typically stands for Electronic Fuel Injection which every 3S powered Celica has so you'll need to narrow it down a bit.

RedCelicaTRD

I think I know what's going on here. The 3sfe had EFI stamped on the intake manifold. No, those manifolds won't work. It has to be from a 3sge. I happen to have a 3sge manifold sitting in my garage that I don't need. Let me know if you are interested.

alltrac801

Oh okay I didnt know for sure I was just looking at KSL and found an older celica and I was hoping that intake would work. How much do you want for your intake?

Magroo

Yeah the intake manifold needs to be from an 86-89 Celica gts with a 3sge. I did the conversion back in September last year. I gutted my tvis plate and effectively "glued" it to to the intake manifold with ultra grey sealant instead of using the metal gasket. Then I used one of these instead of the metal gasket that goes against the head.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322466239774

Attachments

• IMG_20181026_131742-2104x1560.jpg
    IMG_20181026_131742-2104x1560.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 3,420

alltrac801

Magroo said:
Yeah the intake manifold needs to be from an 86-89 Celica gts with a 3sge. I did the conversion back in September last year. I gutted my tvis plate and effectively "glued" it to to the intake manifold with ultra grey sealant instead of using the metal gasket. Then I used one of these instead of the metal gasket that goes against the head.

Your set up is beautiful! I was really curious if you could just gut the TVIS plate and re use it. saves me from buying the KO Racing plate. Is there a reason you don't use the metal gasket?

Magroo

Short answer is thermal barrier to the intake manifold. Less heat transfer from the head.

Long answer. The metal gaskets are annoying when trying to get everything back together while doing the old reach around without a 3rd hand. Head > metal gasket >tvis plate >metal gasket >intake manifold. This is one of the reasons I used permatex ultra grey to glue it all together. Can still be separated if necessary.

That picture was still in mockup phase after I got it all back together after doing wiseco pistons, arp studs, cometic head gasket, BC cams. Notice I'm missing a distributor cover and no hose clamps, lol.

alltrac801

Oh okay thanks for the info.

I didn't even notice that ha I was distracted with how good that intake manifold makes everything look lol

gt4tified

iirc, the side feed intake from the 5sfe engine that came in the toyota camry 2.2L is a direct bolt on replacement. If you can find it...