185 owners: where do you put the water pump for a W2A IC?

EvilStig

doing the st185rc/st205 w2a intercooler upgrade, but I really don't know where to put the pump! There just doesn't seem to be space for it... anywhere. Played tetris for hours, couldn't make it fit. Where have other people put it? where does the RC stock one go?

tHeGeeK

The stock one is located underneath the windshield washer reservoir on the driver’s side.

There are a couple of brackets that connect together to attach it to two bolt holes that face the pavement further in from the wheel well

Hopefully that helped. I wish I had a pic to show you.

EvilStig

tHeGeeK":1z3rbx6m said:
The stock one is located underneath the windshield washer reservoir on the driver’s side.

There are a couple of brackets that connect together to attach it to two bolt holes that face the pavement further in from the wheel well

Hopefully that helped. I wish I had a pic to show you.

I think I know where you mean. Coolant reservoir right? not windshield? I was actually eyeing that spot to see if I could maybe cram mine in there, although unfortunately it just wouldn't fit... maybe if I pull the reservoir out and ditch the bracket that came with it I can cobble something together.

underscore

It's wedged down under the coolant res and against the framerail I think, there should be pictures around here somewhere.

EvilStig

I think I figured it out. It sticks down a bit lower than I would like, but I managed to get it placed using some worm clamps bolted to the mount points.