Oil Pan

alltrac801

Just tearing down a Gen 2 3SGTE and the oil pan is pretty beat and the oil level sensor is broken.

My question is should I replace it with a stock oil pan or is there a good aftermarket one that is better than stock?

I don't care about the oil level sensor so if I stay stock I'll probably just make a block plate for it.

I see the oil pan (12101-74060) may be available from Amayama.com, but if it is, it's expensive ($317.63 plus $59.30 shipping). You would have to inquire on their site to determine if it truly is available though.

Your 1991 All-Trac 3S-GTE engine has an oil level sensor?

alltrac801

I really don't want to spend a lot of money on just the oil pan so I will probably just reuse this one its just really ugly haha.

This motor is from a friend that has an MR2 that he put a Gen 4 in.

alltrac801

Not really. I mainly just wanted to get the motor torn down first and see how bad everything is. I know its a Gen 2 3Sgte. I'm just not sure what year MR2 it came out of yet.

Do you know if there is a lot differences between the MR2 and the All-trac motor?

dbucks2k

The first and second gen pans are pretty much the same. The Celica ones don't have the level sensor. And the only after market one I know of is made by moroso but it's very expensive.

alltrac801

Just from me checking around that's all I found too. I think I will just clean this pan up as best as possible and reuse it. I would rather put that money toward more important parts. Thank you for the info.