Aquamist HFS4-v3.1 Install, ST165

Finished up this project.
Here's an update...

There is a small strand the must be severed after soldering the bridge on pad #6 to properly change the PWM from (-) to (+). Take an X-acto knife and cut this:
Aqua1.jpg

Now the system is performing like it should.

I have 1,000cc Fuel Injectors, which are pretty large. This means my Injector Duty Cycle (IDC) is pretty low. Even under heavy boost acceleration at WOT, I never see an IDC above about 57%.
I needed to change the IDC pre-scalar so the incoming IDC signal is matched with the large Injectors with low duty cycle.

I changed the jumpers at location #5 to "x1.50" this increases the incoming IDC signal by 50%

IDC pre-scalar1.JPG

Next thing to do is see what IDC the Aquamist controller is seeing.

I took the "Spare Jumper" off "PRK" and moved it to link "FDC"

Jumpers.JPG

Now the bars on the gauge show actual Injector Duty Cycle while driving.

I took the car for some test drives and did a few really hard pulls and noted the Aquamist gauge displayed 6 bars maximum when at all-out Max load, and WOT. There are a total of 8 bars, we need to see all 8.

I went back to the IDC pre-scalar jumpers and configured it to "x1.75"

IDC pre-scalar2.JPG

And again, I took the car for some test drives and really hard pulls, and noted the Aquamist gauge now displays all 8 bars at maximum, just like it should.

Then took the Jumper off "FDC" and moved it back to "PRK"

The controller now understands Max Load.

Next thing to do is set Flow: "SC" the amount of spray into the engine

I took the 1.2 nozzle I planned on using, and installed it at the end of the tubing, and positioned it onto the windshield so I could see while I'm driving, exactly when/and how much, spray would come out.

Then, with the car parked, and the ignition on, I moved the spare jumper from "PRK" to "SYS" Watch out! this turns the pump ON. With spray coming out onto the windshield, I turned the "SC" knob on the gauge until 6 bars were displayed. This turned out to be about 1:00 position for me.
Move the spare jumper back from "SYS" to "PRK"

SC Setup.png

Now, needed to set;
"Threshold" when the system starts spraying. I set this to about 10:00. I want the system to start spraying at about 30% IDC.

"P/I-R" Algorithm setting: I set this to about 2:00
(fully left will only take MAP into account to start spray)
(fully right will only take IDC into account to start spray)
I wanted a blend: mostly based on IDC, but also consider MAP to start spraying.

"Failsafe Window"
I set the WL (Water Flow Low, under range Setting) trimmer to about 10:00
I set the WH (Water Flow High, over range Setting) trimmer to about 2:00

Ensure the DSF jumper link is relocated to DHB.

Settings initial.jpg

Now ready to drive: Here were my beginning settings:

I drove around for a few days with the nozzle on the windshield, and watched exactly when, and how much spray was taking place. I filmed with my Gopro so I could review it.

No, the Aquamist controller has an algorithm that takes into account Injector Duty Cycle, Manifold pressure, or a combination of both to determine when, and how much spray to deliver, and if any component in the system is not working properly.
It may be possible to configure the Link ECU to spray, but the Aquamist FAV (Fast Acting Valve) is actually measuring the flow of spray into the engine. Failsafe algorithms would be inoperable.