mkiv Supra bypass valve

I tried searching, I thought for sure someone would have done this before, but maybe it got lost over the years, or I am doing a crum job of searching. I remember way back before I owned my st165 I had been planning to do a 5s-fte in my 90 Celica GT, and it seemed a few guys had used the Supra valve to recirculate rather than have a blow off.

Anyway, I was thinking I might prefer to do this in the st165 that I hope to buy soon, rather than doing a BOV like I had on my old one, though I don't really remember having drivability issues from the BOV venting to atmosphere. But I figure the Supra part is 1) cheap 2) OEM/Denso to help keep it more "stock" looking.

Anyway, I'm assuming I can manage to find a silicone hose with a T that is sized for the Supra valve, and then just weld a bung onto the part of the intake that has the PCV return for recirculating...assuming that piece is metal and not plastic (been awhile since I've seen that part so I don't remember).

Or is there another preferred method for doing a bypass valve?

underscore

I believe some MR2's had them as well, that might be easier to source than a Supra part if they're rare/pricey.

Yeah, I've seen some MR2 bypass valves, but the ones I saw look like they actually attach to the intake manifold itself for the recirc. But there may be other versions I just didn't see...or I might be remembering wrong.

I've seen the Supra one recently for $30, so I don't think they've gotten too expensive, unless that was an unusual deal.