goal is 240-260 whp or close

190hpcelica

hi guys, i want to know what do i need to make 240-260whps from the 1st gen. what i have in mind is rebuild eng. upgrade to a 50trim, full exhaust system, including the dp. and intercool air to air. and touch up with a boost controller. thanks gary (still like the old forum better) :D

CelicaGT4

you're gonna have to do a whole lot more than that. Might want to consider motor swap instead of rebuild. Maybe 2nd gen 3sgte or even 3rd gen? Should be fun though.

alltracman78

CelicaGT4":1j73o77k said:
you're gonna have to do a whole lot more than that. Might want to consider motor swap instead of rebuild. Maybe 2nd gen 3sgte or even 3rd gen? Should be fun though.

Shouldn't be that hard on a 1st gen, especially if you've got a turbo/intercooler upgrade.

EMS would help quite a bit too.

turbo4wd

190hpcelica":cb7z41zd said:
rebuild eng. upgrade to a 50trim, full exhaust system, including the dp. and intercool air to air. and touch up with a boost controller.

You'll be close with these.. add a EMS, and you'll easily hit 260..

190hpcelica

the thing is that i dont want to do a motor swap. im not sure if its worth doing the ct26 modded. one or just buy the one from 935 motor sport

billprice

Did someone not read that he wants 240-260 WHEEL horsepower? To get 240 at the wheels, you would need almost 290 at the crank. I think the stock injectors are 440? Those would be barely good for 260 at the crank. You would have to increase your fuel rail pressure 10 psi to flow enough for 290 crank horsepower. So that means you would also have to add an adjustable fuel pressure regulator into the mix. And I would forget about rebuilding the engine unless you just want to. I don't think you would need to go to that extreme if your engine is healthy.

190hpcelica

well... i just want to make the car run mid to low 13s. i figure that if i get 240-260whp than itll b around there or close to it

Kyoto

Ha! I got that exact setup on a 165 engine. I haven't put some of the bits on though. At the minute its pushing about 240 at the fly but i haven't put on the CT20b/MHG/FPR/Lightened flywheel/FMIC yet.