1992 Toyota Celica GT4 RC Carlos Sainz (ST185) UK Auction

Paulytunes

I happened to stumble upon this online:

https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5244/lot/595586

Although I am really tempted, it will likely sell for more than my budget and then the whole logistics and cost of getting the car shipped to the U.S. is probably out of my reach/realm of expertise. The car certainly appears to need some cosmetic work completed, and there appears to be some rust, but it's nearly impossible to tell how extensive from the photos. Someone talk me out of this ;)

Tippo

Damn that's a beautiful car. You can see the rust starting under it and on the rockers though. The paint looks like the final version of what Lazarus will be. Super clean on the inside as well. This should go for big bucks regardless of the rust.

underscore

The rust didn't see too unreasonable until I saw that trunk floor. I'm guessing the underside is pretty rough. I'm very curious to see what it goes for though.

underscore

The final price was £9,300 or $10,800 USD or $14,600 CAD. That's fairly close to what I wanted for mine.

Paulytunes

The posted hammer price (I guess that includes fees) was £10,416, or $12,113. Assuming a fee of about $2,000 to $2,500 to ship to the U.S. east coast, landed price would be just under $15k. The amount of rust in the photos was a little concerning to me, especially not seeing it in person.

Tippo

14-15k seems like the going rate lately. the unknown underbody is sus, but overall not bad.