Group Buy Poll - Feb, 2012

What parts would you like to have a group by for?

• cusco camber plates

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • walbro 255lph fuel pump kit

• tein coilovers

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • AEM wideband

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • VIS CF hoods

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Boost controller (manual or electronic)

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • wheel spacers

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • engine mounts race

• BOLT in/ WELD in ROLL CAGE

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • rear diff kits race

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

klue

Its almost March so lets run a poll and see what parts have enough interested people for a group buy.

Anything not on the poll just ask

Brad_91

There are a few things there I would be interested in :p. I'm broke right now but im hoping my summer job lines up for late april, and then I'll be ready to buy lots of things haha.
Wideband sounds good. CF hoods weren't on my list of things but possibly.. wheel spacers, fuel pump kits.. i may just run out of money this summer yet hahaha

Brad

toayoztan

I voted wheel spacers. They are relatively cheap enough to run a group buy on, and we know about 90% of us could use them lol.

Bryan

Boo_Guy

Next up on my to buy list are control arm bushings so the car doesnt wobble left and right whenever I get on or off the gas :p

If there was a GB on strut tower bars Id be interested if money permits and the deal is good.

celigts

Poly motor mount inserts are on my list. And alot more haha. I'd be interested in the spares if the price is right at the right time.

Gasket kits for rebuild would be cool, new carpet?... Rear diff mounts, bushings for the rear suspension.

Things like that I'd be interested jn

temperacerguy

I am buying a carbon fiber hood, however I have heard too many problems with the Seibon. I am specifically speaking of their CS knock-off with the vent in the wrong location. If it was a VIS unit, I would be all over it (if the price is right). I vote for the walbro kit... again if the price is right.

klue

lots of response! good stuff!

Seibon offers hoods for the 5th gen, both OEM look, alltrac look and CS look

Jonah for the st165 we can run a group buy on KO racing pipes as Kris is great to deal with on this. I guess I could contact Lotek about the pods too but the one i got I was not impressed with the fit.

Landon,booguy - Just finished up a GB on swaybars, strutbars, and bushings. Check out the thread and send me a PM

Wheel spacers shouldnt be to hard to do, whats everyone looking at 25mm bolt on? personally I would prefer to go the extended stud route

celiGTS I am very interested in doing another run of the rear diff kits(and subframe bushings) with the engine mounts to match. I have had a few people contact me about this recently. Carpets we can get, and cometic has pretty good gasket ktis all great options

Lets keep this going for a few days and see what the results are keep it coming guys

underscore

Tiens or engine mounts and I'm in for sure.

edit: just saw the bit about rear diff kit and I am DEFINITELY in for that.

temperacerguy

klue":3225itq8 said:
lots of response! good stuff!

Seibon offers hoods for the 5th gen, both OEM look, alltrac look and CS look

Lets keep this going for a few days and see what the results are keep it coming guys

I agree "CS Look" When they made the prototype mold, they didn't use a CS hood as a plug, and molded one themselves. They got the proportions wrong with the vent in the wrong location.

seibonvsoem.jpg

Here's a thread about it: http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=34319

When using the Seibon CS Hoods, people have had interference with the hood with CS/205 air/water intercoolers.

The owner of VIS is a All trac enthusiast, and used actual OEM hoods for the plugs, and thus are pretty accurate. They also offer Standard, All Trac, and CS versions as well. As I said, if it were a group buy for VIS carbon fiber hoods, I would be all in.

So I'm looking at Walbro pump.

dragstang86

I too would be interested in a VIS hood buy. Also would be interested in Tein's if they were cheaper than what I can get them for now. I think I can get them for about $1450.

ALLensTRAC

I would be interested in a VIS CS hood as well. Also maybe a set of rear adjustable control arms with heim joints and all. Also how about the new Aeromotive stealth pump. It flows a lot more than the walbro and I've seen good reviews of it. I voted for the hood but would really like to have the vis version.
Allen

klue

Ok so I will change the hood to VIS, you guys have done your research on that and all the points are valid. Its a shame seibon did not take the time to do it properly :( their loss...

AS for the fuel pumps we can do either set, the aeromotive does flow more, it does fit in tank like the walboro. Drawbacks VS walbro is the cost is about $50 higher, it probably will pull more juice, and as with high flow pumps you may overload your FPR and end up running high base fuel pressure etc. (maybe a concern to some)

klue

Just added the roll cage option. They are available fro st165-st185 from a simple roll bar (around 500USD) to a full out weld in cage SCCA approved (around 1200)

Status
Not open for further replies.