Feal Coilover Group Buy Interest?

RedCelicaTRD

I’m looking to purchase a couple sets of Feal Coilovers. I have noticed a few others might be interested as well. I’m curious to see if any members are interested in a group buy. I’m trying to gauge interest before I contact Feal to see if this is a possibility. If we can get a few commitments I will probably see if any Supra people would be interested in joining. Let me know if your interested and what product you would like.

Thanks!

Roreri

Hahahahah of all the timing! I JUST pulled the trigger on a set of Feal 441s. Like, today, before I checked the forums. Sorry I jumped the gun!

RedCelicaTRD

Feal is willing to do a 10% discount on the 441/441+ if we can get five units sold. Doesn’t have to be just for the Celica. It does need to be an off the shelf spec as custom valving takes more labor.

Tippo

There's 3 of us, I was debating getting the Yellows but I'd rather the Feal since they're widely more known. $150 off is nothing to sneeze at. If two more people are in keep us posted. I hear they ride smooth and have a good range.

Roreri

It's a long shot but tell them that my order placed 15 March for a 441 set for an 89-93 Celica AllTrac is one of our group and see if that will trip the trigger.

CMS-GT4

Just a note about when you guys do this, the spring rates do not have to be super high. I run lower springs rates than my old TEIN HAs and I am far happier with these them. I do not know what off-the-shelf rates they offer but I had my custom setup for 8/7k. I also provided them with all my unsprung rates etc...

Tippo

CMS-GT4":voztgq0n said:
Just a note about when you guys do this, the spring rates do not have to be super high. I run lower springs rates than my old TEIN HAs and I am far happier with these them. I do not know what off-the-shelf rates they offer but I had my custom setup for 8/7k. I also provided them with all my unsprung rates etc...

I watched your video on the Feal suspension following the install and you seem impressed with the ride opposed to the tein. I remember riding in a few St185 with tein coilovers in the past which was absolutely horrendous.
During the unboxing you mention that you changed the topmount out for T3 instead of the standard Feal. Is this because of the camber adjustment is missing from the feal hats?

CMS-GT4

Tippo":mf5f4huy said:
CMS-GT4":mf5f4huy said:

I watched your video on the Feal suspension following the install and you seem impressed with the ride opposed to the tein. I remember riding in a few St185 with tein coilovers in the past which was absolutely horrendous.
During the unboxing you mention that you changed the topmount out for T3 instead of the standard Feal. Is this because of the camber adjustment is missing from the feal hats?

I only did it because I had those hats made so I could add caster adjustment. The feal hats are fine for typical adjustment. The caster is nice but adds other challenges since the lower control arm is fixed and I run larger than stock tires.

RedCelicaTRD

Usually the valving has a range of spring rates it will operate in. I will follow up and see if any spring rate changes are allowed over the 8/5 that they show.

Anyone want me to double check anything else? I still need to find out how they would like to handle payment. Hopefully just give us a discount code.

earthmanjupiter

Hey I found an st165 here locally and, well, I guess it's my new project car. I would be interested in a "Max Travel" set of 441+. I realize I'll have to come up with spacers or mod the fronts to fit.

Soup84

I might be in. Haven't heard of this company before though. How do they compare to BC? I was looking at BC w/ Swift springs before.

RedCelicaTRD

I'd say a step above BC. Also built in the US (I don't believe all the parts are US made, but they are assembled here) and can be rebuilt here if you need service. Customer service is in house if I remember right. Should be able to call them up and talk to the people who will actually be building your stuff. The big thing for me is the service side. If you want to upgrade to remote reservoir or want to change the valving for different spring rates they can do it for you and there shouldn't be any complications.

Hi guys. Nice timing, well a bit early, but I'll get in on this group buy. ST185 441+ and 8k/5-6k is fine for me. 7 might be a bit harsh since the car is very front heavy, but CMS-GT4 has liked his 8k/7k setup.

We also doing the upgrade to radial mounts?

RedCelicaTRD

Ok!

We can be invoiced independently so we can pay directly to Feal.

Any add-ons are also 10% off, like the radial bearing or boots.

I am told if you get the 411+ you can get different spring rates. 7k would be available for the rear.

Also, they won’t send out invoices until we have 5 people committed. They won’t start building until at least 5 people have paid.

Any other questions we need answered?

CMS-GT4

So a note on those higher rear spring rates. I know a 165 owner in Chicago who runs 8k all around, and I opted for a slightly lower rear rate. The goal of that higher rear rate is more rear rotation. That was successful, but I feel like you have to be more aware of what you are doing with the car when pushing it because that rear can get away from you. You may enjoy that. I do for the most part, but just be aware of the dynamic change.

I personally wish they had the + when I got mine because if I remember right, it lends itself to future upgrades which may be useful if you get more serious with the car. It may be worth giving Odi at Feal a call and asking him his opinion of the rear spring rates as he has a lot of racing and suspension experience.