Feal Coilover Group Buy Interest?

RedCelicaTRD

CMS-GT4":25notuza said:
So a note on those higher rear spring rates. I know a 165 owner in Chicago who runs 8k all around, and I opted for a slightly lower rear rate. The goal of that higher rear rate is more rear rotation. That was successful, but I feel like you have to be more aware of what you are doing with the car when pushing it because that rear can get away from you. You may enjoy that. I do for the most part, but just be aware of the dynamic change.

Do you have a Whiteline rear swaybar? If so, what is it set to?

Roreri

Wayne did they say anything about my order? I know they’re probably going to build them all at the same time.

If not, I’ll plead my case separately. That’s what I deserve for going sua sponte on my order instead of checking on a group buy anyway. ; )

RedCelicaTRD

I didn’t include your order when I talked to them. I wanted to get the details ironed out and now it looks like we might have 5 people so I have not brought it up.

CMS-GT4":2wzgswar said:
So a note on those higher rear spring rates. I know a 165 owner in Chicago who runs 8k all around, and I opted for a slightly lower rear rate. The goal of that higher rear rate is more rear rotation. That was successful, but I feel like you have to be more aware of what you are doing with the car when pushing it because that rear can get away from you. You may enjoy that. I do for the most part, but just be aware of the dynamic change.

I personally wish they had the + when I got mine because if I remember right, it lends itself to future upgrades which may be useful if you get more serious with the car. It may be worth giving Odi at Feal a call and asking him his opinion of the rear spring rates as he has a lot of racing and suspension experience.

I was thinking that's why you went for the 7kgmm rears lol. Making a fulltime 4wd car have some rwd dynamics is always fun, but in the wrong hands it could spell big unwanted surprises. It has been a minute since I looked at all the details on the Feal sight but I believe the both 441 and 441+ allows for upgradability does it not? wasn't the "+" the upgrade to Swift springs from their in-house coils?

RedCelicaTRD":3qcixj7o said:
I didn’t include your order when I talked to them. I wanted to get the details ironed out and now it looks like we might have 5 people so I have not brought it up.

Thanks for setting this up. Getting excited about finally getting some coilovers on my RC. Let us know what we need to do place the order.

CMS-GT4

RedCelicaTRD":1i75ezio said:
CMS-GT4":1i75ezio said:

Do you have a Whiteline rear swaybar? If so, what is it set to?

Full stiff. If I get around to racing again I am going to try a run with the arb on a softer setting just to see its dynamic change. What I did find is giving it more gas straightens it out, which is not my natural reaction.

Roreri

RedCelicaTRD":3pqic4nl said:

No worries! I sent them an email seeing whether they would throw me in with the group buy, but if they don't give me the discount, I hoped they'd add my order in for purposes of pushing it over.

EDIT: I got a message just now that my set has shipped! No mention about whether they'll throw me a bone. So, there's some news for you on flash to bang order to ship--a day shy of four weeks in my case.

RedCelicaTRD

Alright, let’s get a list going of people ready to pay. I’m picking up two sets so I’ll put myself as 1&2.

Please let me know if you are 100% ready and I will get you on the list.

1. RedCelicaTRD
2. RedCelicaTRD
3. Tippo
4. earthmanjupiter
5. 5thgenbliss

RedCelicaTRD

Looks like we should be able to cover the required minimum purchase. Of course we can add more people if anyone else is still interested.

RedCelicaTRD

Ok, Feal would like me to collect a list of people who are ready to buy. Then they will email you directly and sort out payment.

If you are ready to buy please PM me the following:

Name
Billing Address
Shipping Address
Email Address
Order details

Hop on their site and build what you want, write it all down, and send it to me.

If you don't feel comfortable sending some random weirdo off the internet (me) your personal info, just send me a first name, email address, and order details and I will forward it to Feal and they can collect the other info.

Thanks!

RedCelicaTRD

They dont start building until 5 people have paid so I think you can still get in. PM me your info that I requested in a previous post. I will email Feal with the info later today.

Roreri

I just installed my 441 set. I like them, the wife likes them. Life is good.

Was a day and a half job, letting the PB Blaster do its trick and sorta faffing about as well painting front calipers and rotors while the wheels were off. I took some notes in my project thread if those are of use to anyone getting these.