Feal Coilover Group Buy Interest?

Proposed and organized group buys

Re: Feal Coilover Group Buy Interest?

Postby Soup84 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:18 pm

I might be in. Haven't heard of this company before though. How do they compare to BC? I was looking at BC w/ Swift springs before.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
1992 All-trac - Near factory condition w/ light upgrades
Soup84
Club Member

Postby RedCelicaTRD » Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:09 pm

I'd say a step above BC. Also built in the US (I don't believe all the parts are US made, but they are assembled here) and can be rebuilt here if you need service. Customer service is in house if I remember right. Should be able to call them up and talk to the people who will actually be building your stuff. The big thing for me is the service side. If you want to upgrade to remote reservoir or want to change the valving for different spring rates they can do it for you and there shouldn't be any complications.
Wayne
1990 All Trac
Grumpy Moderator
RedCelicaTRD
GTFour God

Postby 5thgenbliss » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:59 pm

Hi guys. Nice timing, well a bit early, but I'll get in on this group buy. ST185 441+ and 8k/5-6k is fine for me. 7 might be a bit harsh since the car is very front heavy, but CMS-GT4 has liked his 8k/7k setup.

We also doing the upgrade to radial mounts?
Boosting with the '92 GT-Four RC
5thgenbliss
Club Member

Postby RedCelicaTRD » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:42 pm

Ok!

We can be invoiced independently so we can pay directly to Feal.

Any add-ons are also 10% off, like the radial bearing or boots.

I am told if you get the 411+ you can get different spring rates. 7k would be available for the rear.

Also, they won’t send out invoices until we have 5 people committed. They won’t start building until at least 5 people have paid.

Any other questions we need answered?
Wayne
1990 All Trac
Grumpy Moderator
RedCelicaTRD
GTFour God

Postby CMS-GT4 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:46 pm

So a note on those higher rear spring rates. I know a 165 owner in Chicago who runs 8k all around, and I opted for a slightly lower rear rate. The goal of that higher rear rate is more rear rotation. That was successful, but I feel like you have to be more aware of what you are doing with the car when pushing it because that rear can get away from you. You may enjoy that. I do for the most part, but just be aware of the dynamic change.

I personally wish they had the + when I got mine because if I remember right, it lends itself to future upgrades which may be useful if you get more serious with the car. It may be worth giving Odi at Feal a call and asking him his opinion of the rear spring rates as he has a lot of racing and suspension experience.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 12 ISF | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
linktr.ee/ColdironWorks | www.coldironworks.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby RedCelicaTRD » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:47 pm

I forgot to mention that shipping is free in the lower 48. Shipping to AK/HI and Canada will unfortunately be extra.
Wayne
1990 All Trac
Grumpy Moderator
RedCelicaTRD
GTFour God

Postby RedCelicaTRD » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:51 pm

CMS-GT4 wrote:So a note on those higher rear spring rates. I know a 165 owner in Chicago who runs 8k all around, and I opted for a slightly lower rear rate. The goal of that higher rear rate is more rear rotation. That was successful, but I feel like you have to be more aware of what you are doing with the car when pushing it because that rear can get away from you. You may enjoy that. I do for the most part, but just be aware of the dynamic change.

Do you have a Whiteline rear swaybar? If so, what is it set to?
Wayne
1990 All Trac
Grumpy Moderator
RedCelicaTRD
GTFour God

Postby Roreri » Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:55 pm

Wayne did they say anything about my order? I know they’re probably going to build them all at the same time.

If not, I’ll plead my case separately. That’s what I deserve for going sua sponte on my order instead of checking on a group buy anyway. ; )
Roreri
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby RedCelicaTRD » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:08 pm

I didn’t include your order when I talked to them. I wanted to get the details ironed out and now it looks like we might have 5 people so I have not brought it up.
Wayne
1990 All Trac
Grumpy Moderator
RedCelicaTRD
GTFour God

Postby 5thgenbliss » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:17 pm

CMS-GT4 wrote:So a note on those higher rear spring rates. I know a 165 owner in Chicago who runs 8k all around, and I opted for a slightly lower rear rate. The goal of that higher rear rate is more rear rotation. That was successful, but I feel like you have to be more aware of what you are doing with the car when pushing it because that rear can get away from you. You may enjoy that. I do for the most part, but just be aware of the dynamic change.

I personally wish they had the + when I got mine because if I remember right, it lends itself to future upgrades which may be useful if you get more serious with the car. It may be worth giving Odi at Feal a call and asking him his opinion of the rear spring rates as he has a lot of racing and suspension experience.

I was thinking that's why you went for the 7kgmm rears lol. Making a fulltime 4wd car have some rwd dynamics is always fun, but in the wrong hands it could spell big unwanted surprises. It has been a minute since I looked at all the details on the Feal sight but I believe the both 441 and 441+ allows for upgradability does it not? wasn't the "+" the upgrade to Swift springs from their in-house coils?
5thgenbliss
Club Member

Postby 5thgenbliss » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:21 pm

RedCelicaTRD wrote:I didn’t include your order when I talked to them. I wanted to get the details ironed out and now it looks like we might have 5 people so I have not brought it up.

Thanks for setting this up. Getting excited about finally getting some coilovers on my RC. Let us know what we need to do place the order.
5thgenbliss
Club Member

Postby CMS-GT4 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:50 pm

RedCelicaTRD wrote:

Do you have a Whiteline rear swaybar? If so, what is it set to?

Full stiff. If I get around to racing again I am going to try a run with the arb on a softer setting just to see its dynamic change. What I did find is giving it more gas straightens it out, which is not my natural reaction.
Coldiron
92 st185 (205 swap) | 12 ISF | 13 Pilot | 17 Mazda3
linktr.ee/ColdironWorks | www.coldironworks.com | http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=19891
CMS-GT4
GTSilver Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby Roreri » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:05 pm

RedCelicaTRD wrote:I didn’t include your order when I talked to them. I wanted to get the details ironed out and now it looks like we might have 5 people so I have not brought it up.

No worries! I sent them an email seeing whether they would throw me in with the group buy, but if they don't give me the discount, I hoped they'd add my order in for purposes of pushing it over.

EDIT: I got a message just now that my set has shipped! No mention about whether they'll throw me a bone. So, there's some news for you on flash to bang order to ship--a day shy of four weeks in my case.
Roreri
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby RedCelicaTRD » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:48 pm

Alright, let’s get a list going of people ready to pay. I’m picking up two sets so I’ll put myself as 1&2.

Please let me know if you are 100% ready and I will get you on the list.

1. RedCelicaTRD
2. RedCelicaTRD
3. Tippo
4. earthmanjupiter
5. 5thgenbliss
Wayne
1990 All Trac
Grumpy Moderator
RedCelicaTRD
GTFour God

Postby Tippo » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:51 am