Has anyone lifted their Celica?

Suspension and other discussion

Re: Has anyone lifted their Celica?

Postby Roreri » Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:11 pm

That 6th Gen is giving off some old school AMC Eagle vibes with that look. Awesome.

If that were mine, I'd be looking to put a rack of lights across the top to go full ham! : )
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
Roreri
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Postby BabyShark » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:26 am

underscore wrote:That looks awesome, what did you use to lift it?

Definitely not on a stock 5th gen, they won't clear the rear fenders without cutting.

underscore,

I used 40mm eBay strut top spacers and bigger tires.

And yes there was approximately 2" of fender cutting front and back, hidden by the fender flares to hide the 2" I cut for clearance.

I am surprised that you are aware that 205/80R16s will nor fit in the rear wheel wells without cutting, they do "fit" in the front.
BabyShark

Postby BabyShark » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:37 am

Roreri wrote:That 6th Gen is giving off some old school AMC Eagle vibes with that look. Awesome.

If that were mine, I'd be looking to put a rack of lights across the top to go full ham! : )

Roreri,

I do have a couple light bars laying around and was very tempted to put one up for the complete experience however there are several factors that deterred me:

1: it's not era appropriate. With the bubbly contours and body lines even a curved light bar would look out of place. A 3 or 4 light pod slapped onto the front bumper would be much more appropriate, however having one on a previous vehicle I find it more of a novelty rather than something practical or useful.

2: I would not put a light bar on top of the windshield, even with black paint the reflection off the hood would be blinding to drive with. Creating a shield or visor under the light bar to hide the glare is not worth the effort.

3: Stock glass headlights and regular bulbs are extremely bright when angled correctly and light up the road and trails better than my other vehicles with LED bulbs. When I find a need for more light output I would start with the LED headlight bulbs and possibly consider LED pods int eh space for OEM fog lights.

4: Other than the lift and ridiculous cartoonish looking tires I really like the minimalist OEM look, so no light bar int he near future.

And yes it absolutely does have that AMC Eagle vibe

BabyShark

Postby underscore » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:54 am

BabyShark wrote:I am surprised that you are aware that 205/80R16s will nor fit in the rear wheel wells without cutting, they do "fit" in the front.

Only because they're the same diameter as the tires on my wifes Rav4, and when I was going to sell her old winters I figured I'd try to stick it on the back on my car. Partly for laughs, partly to see if the second bolt pattern was 5x100 without having to measure it. I couldn't get it in the fender so I had to check it the hard way haha.
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God

Previous

Return to Handling and Braking