The ST185 wheel size thread (offsets, widths, etc)

CMS-GT4

I think these might look like Sex on an alltrac.

I found they make a 17x7 and a 18x8. Not sure of the weights offsets or bolt patterns yet. I would love a set of these in 17x9.
mesh_type_black.jpg

EDIT: I found the 18x8s in 5x100. Looks like thye are ~210 each. Not too bad. The remind me of the Volks I liked on the black RC.

http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/Wheel ... CheckFit=1

turbo4wd

Those look nice, but the size/offset of the wheels tenzo uses to advertise these is 19x10 with a +20 offset. You won't acheive that concave look when you scale down to something that will work on our cars..

The most "extreme" sizes they offer for our cars are 17x7 in a +42 offset and 18x8 in a +25 offset..

Here's 18x8 with a +45 offset

P2010503.jpg

P2010505.jpg

After seeing these, I thought they looked like ass.. adding 20mm to the offset would make it look a bit more concave, but nothing like 19x10 +20..

turbo4wd

Although I DO like the way the silver mesh Raderwerks look..

Here's a quick photochop I did..
(keep in mind the rear lip wont be so pronounced, its a bit exaggerated)

wheelchop.jpg

Certainly not suitable for the track, but I could live with these as a street set to run around in..

CMS-GT4

I am not keen on the weight, but its not bad for the price and size. Especially for a street wheel.

Of course, w/o the stretched look. I wonder if 17x9 would fit the front over the brakes with the face so inward.

CMS-GT4

I really like these Rally Art wheels for the Evo. The remind me of the Cronos.
17x8.5 30ET.
08-01.jpeg

I wonder if I could find a dished version for the rear. This might be ideal when I change my bolt pattern.

URAS Makes some decent 17x9 30et wheels.

Of course in 5x114.
ImageFromDB.php

Toxygene

CMS-GT4":23b1zkab said:
I think these might look like Sex on an alltrac.

I found they make a 17x7 and a 18x8. Not sure of the weights offsets or bolt patterns yet. I would love a set of these in 17x9.
mesh_type_black.jpg

EDIT: I found the 18x8s in 5x100. Looks like thye are ~210 each. Not too bad. The remind me of the Volks I liked on the black RC.

http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/Wheel ... CheckFit=1

I saw these wheels too in my Sport Compact Mag. I love these wheels. I'd almost consider getting them in custom offsets if they offer that. 28 to 30 upfront and 13 offset in the rear for the flush look.

butterface

turbo4wd":2qdw4jxy said:
Although I DO like the way the silver mesh Raderwerks look..

Here's a quick photochop I did..
(keep in mind the rear lip wont be so pronounced, its a bit exaggerated)

wheelchop.jpg

Certainly not suitable for the track, but I could live with these as a street set to run around in..

man i hope my dish looks half that good. wish the boat would hustle up :shoots:

CMS-GT4

Looks pretty good. Nice offset for a 8" wheel. I think I posted another prodrive wheel a long while ago, but it was expensive.

CMS-GT4

On the other end of the price spectrum if I change my bolt pattern, I can get the Sportmax 006 in 17x9 much cheaper than volks.

5x114wheelchoices006dl7.jpg

Some work type wheels
5x114wheelchoicesbworkspx6.jpg

turbocelica

ok after reading 12 plus pages i need a simple answer lol, in a 17x7.5 wheel what is the best offest to be flush in the front and the best to be flush in the rear thanks guys,!

turbo4wd

turbocelica":fjhwajh0 said:
ok after reading 12 plus pages i need a simple answer lol,

:| Unfortunately theres no such thing as "simple".. a few variables come into play, like what type of suspension youre running, if youre fenders are or will be rolled, and what size tires you'll be mounting..

in a 17x7.5 wheel what is the best offest to be flush in the front and the best to be flush in the rear thanks guys,!

But in the interest of making it "simple" - assuming we're talking about stock ride height, and a proper fitting tire (per tire manufacturers specs) for a 7.5 width wheel..

rear: -4~-2 offset
front: +19~+20 offset

So if you're getting a custom set of 7.5" wheels, that's what you'll need. if you're not, then you're SOL because no manufacturer offers these offsets pre-made in a 5x100 bolt pattern for a 17x7.5 wheel (at least not the rears anyhow).

Meurz

turbocelica":2o48y4mt said:
ok after reading 12 plus pages i need a simple answer lol, in a 17x7.5 wheel what is the best offest to be flush in the front and the best to be flush in the rear thanks guys,!
Check out Shane's (sikx5) car. 17x7.5 +30 with 215/45/17 and a rear 25 mm spacer. Or try and find those offsets ^ :p