ST205 Front Brakes

SuperWhite92

To mount the calipers on the 185, according to my measurements, using the full size ST205 318x32mm disc, you will need to space the rotor outwards 4mm to clear the ball joint, you will need to space the caliper 1mm outwards to center the caliper on the disc, and you will need to move the mounting points 18mm outwards to sit the caliper where it needs to be for the st205 disc.

bozo-merlin

http://www.gtfour.ch/forum/thread.php?threadid=865&sid=

i finally go that way but with ST205 full size rotors, 5mm rotor to hub spacer

my prototype will be ready next wednesday, if it's work i will give you the draw of the braket and the way to mod the caliper

i do that way only because i need the car running the 09/15 to practice the 09/30, but with more time, i would look for some 330x30 rotors, with that size we have more facilities to draw a braket without mod the caliper and 330x30 or 32 are hummm : 8)

i have easy to find another front set of 205 caliper to do the next step (330x30/32) but you guy are so far, sell my full front mod would be too much in shipping to US countries :oops:

BAD VIBE

i have a machine shop at my disposal any one have the exact measure ments of the spacers and brackets so i can have specs to machine them to, if you get me the specs or better yet a cad drawing ill make you a set real cheap

etantshi

prttysic":1lts2eoa said:
i have a machine shop at my disposal any one have the exact measure ments of the spacers and brackets so i can have specs to machine them to, if you get me the specs or better yet a cad drawing ill make you a set real cheap

As do I. As soon as I get some wheels (other than the gen 7 gts), I'll be plugging right along with this project.

BAD VIBE

i got tc wheels to clear mine, might still need spacers but im ok with that,
the gts wheels wouldnt fit even with like 15-25mm spacers?
i was thinking about getting some as winter wheels since the st205 has 16s

etantshi

The TC wheels are very similar to the gts wheels. I doubt they would fit. Maybe with a spacer they would clear the spokes... but if you're going to get big boy brakes, why not get big boy wheels.

etantshi

Well I'm def going to take advantage of the stock rotor size. I mean there is no point in getting the big brakes and whittle down the big rotor to a medium sized one...

bozo-merlin

prttysic":3k15vkp4 said:

I could give you some draw, the first braket i do are 1.4 mm bad, so if you could wait about a week (time for me to try the new one) it will be a pleasure to share mod to everybody ;)

My method mod the caliper too (that the only bad point staying in 315mm diameter). If you don't want to mod the caliper you need at least 330 mm rotors

etantshi

st185 for me. There is a write up on modding them for the st165. I believe he said they were bolt on for the st165 rear.