ST205 Front Brakes

etantshi

It'll be a while. Still need to get the calipers powdercoated. Still need to do the bracket. And above all. Still need to get the car running. lol

saki10man

bozo-merlin said:
swap 185 brake for 205 is not only for the caliper
bigger disc are usefull too

for the MC, 185 and 205 are both 15/16", same lenght, same mount, no reason to change

Can the 185 MC being used on the 165 when upgrading to 205 brakes??

saki10man

etantshi said:
It'll be a while. Still need to get the calipers powdercoated. Still need to do the bracket. And above all. Still need to get the car running. lol

lolllllll......well good luck, and keep us posted on your progress. This is something I would definitely like to do to my project car.

bozo-merlin

saki10man":225ozq5y said:
Can the 185 MC being used on the 165 when upgrading to 205 brakes??
Don't know, here in France ST185 are rare and ST165 are more rare
i only know ST185 and ST205 (only one time)

my new braket are ready, just try them and then ...

CMS-GT4

Has anyone looked into what needs to be done to powder coat a caliper? For some reason baking calipers @ 400 degrees sounds bad to me.

I think painting would be better over PC.

illGT4

bozo-merlin":2mxtamrf said:
illGT4":2mxtamrf said:
That was yesterday ...

Bolt on now, but need to sort out an engine issue and then could test them for what i made them for : track day ;)

Yep, It was yesterday. I'm hoping you work as fast as you talk. :)

I'll be interested to see how they hold up to your "track day". 8)

etantshi

GT4RC":1lhbi66y said:
What temp do your calipers get under some hard braking? will powder coat hold up?

I would think so. I had my exhaust manifold heat shield PCed and it held up to the temps of the turbo.

abraxxa

PAINT!

013+the+fronts+finished.jpg

this one:

006+Folicatec+whats+inside+the+box.jpg

SuperWhite92

Meurz":2yvnaov3 said:
No. 16" is the smallest which still fits over ST205 brakes, like the stock ST205 wheels.

And to clarify, a lot of 16" wheels don't fit. You have to have a good wheel.

SSR Comp/Type-C's barely clear. 7th Gen rims don't. 16x8 +38 Enkei RP01's do Be careful what you buy if you're shooting for 16's

etantshi

Well since no one is going to provide measurements... I'll be doing some tonite and hopefully cutting them monday. Trial and error time.