Hrmm interesting. Pics?

i can take some...
the thing you need are:

st205 rotors grinded down to 300mm
st205 calipters and pads
3 mm spacer that you cut so that it goes inn the rotr
m12x40mm bolts, whasers and nuts
steel braided brakehoses

I know the spacer is needed to prevent the rotor from hitting the lower ball joint assmebly, but didn't you grind the caliper mounting point down to match the 3mm spacer?

sleeper

etantshi":1ls93n0g said:
sleeper":1ls93n0g said:
etantshi":1ls93n0g said:
Hrmm interesting. Pics?

i can take some...
the thing you need are:

st205 rotors grinded down to 300mm
st205 calipters and pads
3 mm spacer that you cut so that it goes inn the rotr
m12x40mm bolts, whasers and nuts
steel braided brakehoses

I know the spacer is needed to prevent the rotor from hitting the lower ball joint assmebly, but didn't you grind the caliper mounting point down to match the 3mm spacer?

no, they where 100% senterd on my car. :wink:

etantshi

That makes it more interesting. You have any spare spacers you'd let go off? lol I know they're not hard to make, it's just that I'm that lazy. ha ha ha

sleeper

etantshi":1k5rueu4 said:
That makes it more interesting. You have any spare spacers you'd let go off? lol I know they're not hard to make, it's just that I'm that lazy. ha ha ha

i just bought a 3mm spacer at a lockal car parts shop ( i live in norway..) and just used i angle grinder to make it the same siza as the inside of the rotor... ( the spacers cost me about 5usd...)

sleeper

etantshi":dcmcx6il said:
Are the brake line fittings for the stock caliper compatible with the st205 caliper?

yes.. but i have not tested with stock lines.. bought mine from fensport..

etantshi

Not going to use the stock lines either, just wanted to know if I can use my ss braded lines with the st205 caliper.

etantshi

That's good. Now I need to find a place that can make me a rotor to fit. One with a smaller hat height and with a 300 mm diameter. Two piece would be great. Anyone have any links to anything like that?

Denver_whiteST185

you can find 297 x32 mm rotor rings from racingbrake.com (N/A supra/SC300 rotors)

colman racing will make you custom rotor hats to spec if you want them.

etantshi

Ok, does anyone know the stock dimensions of the st205 front rotor? Need to shorten the hat height by 3mm to avoid using a spacer and longer studs.

Denver_whiteST185

actually you need to shorten it 4mm. i have the dimentions from the rotors i have, but not on me. the only problem i forsee is the way the racing brake rotors fit. i was thinking i would order a set, take some measurements of the rotor rings, and then bolt up the calipers, put the rings into place, and take some measurements so that i could be sure about the fitment. that way, the brakes would be bolt on, the rotors could be easily replaced, and there wasn't a spacer (which is a bad idea in the first place)

the only problem is, can someone verify that ST205 rotors are suppose to be 32mm. ive seen variances between 28 - 32 mm :shrug:

etantshi

Denver_whiteST185":37g61541 said:
actually you need to shorten it 4mm. i have the dimentions from the rotors i have, but not on me. the only problem i forsee is the way the racing brake rotors fit. i was thinking i would order a set, take some measurements of the rotor rings, and then bolt up the calipers, put the rings into place, and take some measurements so that i could be sure about the fitment. that way, the brakes would be bolt on, the rotors could be easily replaced, and there wasn't a spacer (which is a bad idea in the first place)

the only problem is, can someone verify that ST205 rotors are suppose to be 32mm. ive seen variances between 28 - 32 mm :shrug:

3mm was just a guestimate because of what others have done using a 3mm spacer. What I really need is a pair of the front calipers. That way I can easily mock this up. Just not so simple using 'internet calculations.' I think the thickness of the rotor will vary from what you get from others due to the wear of the rotor. I know where I can get a used rotor (would end up buying 4 rotors, plus hubs) and use a caliper to check the thickness near the hat where it should have no wear from normal use.

TomsGT4

But you know, like how Lexus -was it the SC? fits the 185's.
Would be nice to get a good straight forward mod going that everyone can get in on :)

CMS-GT4

Just ordered my rear discs. ~$253 shipped for a set of rear oem st205 rotors.

Not bad. I have heard that supra discs will fit in the st205 calipers. I am going to try and verify this. Once my rotors get here in around a month, I will begin measutements so I can decide if I am going to use the 205 rear calipers or the bremebos.