Bump steer and roll center correction....

CMS-GT4

Anyone live near them that wants to go by for test fitment. One member offered a whole back but I had not heard back from him.

CMS-GT4

I got news this morning that someone is dropping off a spindle with them for ball joint test fitment this morning. I also heard they may have a rear fwd tubular setup ready to go. Its just not on their site yet. They may be working on a whole slew of suspension parts for us.

Cuttyman9

I will be emailing tomorrow to see if any progress has been made since last week.
they are working on the ball joint for sure, there was a weird unmachined bit on the taper and they wanted to wait and ask me before modifying my spindle, I gave them the green light so they should have it drilled out and it should be able to see if the ball joints they bought fit. He said once a joint is picked it should be a piece of cake to get the rest made.

Also the rear sway bar end links should be up and ready by my next visit (because I need the bastards, lost one mobbing through the mountains, I guess I needed locktite too lol)

I will also be dropping off my 5sfe head to play around with some ITB's.

I really need a motivated st185 member that is in the sacramento/bay area. Production on the rear arms for those is at a stand still until I do and people I know with em are lazy/unwilling/skeptical so maybe fellow members can put some pressure on ones you know out here. Outside of stealing one of their cars I'm pretty tied on those parts

masco

Great News! I'm glad T3 is going forward with these parts.

If we do raise up the front roll centers with these units on a lowered Alltrac will the roll axis still be forward sloping? The roll axis would start to get flattened out after a certain point. Maybe they will offer different lengths for different ride heights (probably not). Maybe it would be worthwhile to have them make us some eccentric bushings for the rear subframe pivots to raise the rear roll center as well?

I think we all find that our cars understeer and so we increase the rear roll stiffness (whiteline rear swaybar bro!) to combat understeer because we didn't/don't know how to add front end grip. I think raising the rear roll center would be worthwhile. Thick rear swaybars and a torsen rear diff don't really make sense to me. Just my humble opinion.

Someone please tell me why I am wrong. Thanks!

tl;dr Roll Axis Correction worthwhile?

CMS-GT4

The parts will be in here when ready.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=48855&start=75

It will be adjustable like this AFAIK. This is the pin they tested.
I think a rear clutch type makes more sense because most tend to get rear inner lift on hard turns with means the torsen is open anyhow.

Attachments

• 10330415_650218681725498_6202502857305095334_n.jpg
    10330415_650218681725498_6202502857305095334_n.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,440

masco

I'm simply talking about raising the rear roll centre to reduce the rear roll couple so we don't have to use as much rear roll stiffness (in the form of large of a rear swaybar). As you know many of us use torsen differentials in the rear and we have issues with power delivery because the inside rear wheel is always unloading or off the ground especially with a larger than stock rear sway bar.

Raising both the front and rear roll centres together would be ideal regardless of differential used. Flattening the roll axis would increase understeer in my opinion. A forward sloping roll axis is crucial to make our cars turn.

What do you guys think?