Goodridge brake lines... Does this look right?

FWD-3SGTE

I just got done installing my goodridge lines. As I also have the Ksport suspension, there are no brake line mounts except for the universal brackets they give you but don't fit the brake lines so I never bothered trying to make them work.

Anyway, here is a pic of the front followed by the rear. I believe the rear is correct, but the front is a little odd, sits very close to if not on the shock mount. Rubs when I turn the wheel to the right. I tried swapping brake lines to the opposite sides, but they don't "twist" enough to bolt to the caliper if you know what I mean.

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

I appreciate any input from you guys. Thanks in advance :)

Chris

Stock struts (and the Teins and the Gabs that I have) have a tab on
the strut. The lines are suppose to go between the strut body and
the fenderwell and go thru this tab. Lines shouldnt go in front of the
strut as you have them :) Since you are missing the tabs (or cant
use whats supplied) maybe you can zip tie them ?

FWD-3SGTE

I had a feeling that they should be ran behind the struts. So I'll swap them around untill I can get them behind. This goes for the front as well as the rear?

Thanks for the help :)

FWD-3SGTE

ATTN: Someone with goodridge lines on their 185/4 with OEM struts or aftermarket, doesn't matter, could you post a pic of the front along with the rear so I can get an idea how to run mine? I also noticed that two of the goodridge lines are longer than the other two and don't know if those are supposed to go in the back or front.

I would really appreciate any help!

Thanks, Chris :)

FWD-3SGTE

Last time I looked, the stock lines are all the same in length within 1/4 inch or so, but the goodridge lines have 2 that are a good inch and a half longer than the other two :shrug:

I'm gonna try to re-route the rears to go behind the strut but it seems like it's gonna be really tight because of the sway bar end links being soo close to the strut. But we shall see.

Chris

EVcelica

I have the goodridge lines on my 185 and accidently installed one short and one long one on the front and rear. Haven't had any issues for 5 years, so I don't think It matters too much.

FWD-3SGTE

Any possibility you could take a pic of one of the fronts and one of the rears so I can see how they are supposed to be ran?

Thanks, Chris

aus jd 2703

thought id revive a thread instead of starting a new one.
do the brake lines with a bend near the banjo got on the front or rear?
as you have straight and bent banjo's trying to work out which axle they belong to ie front or rear?
thanks

alltracst185

Just saw this, ,sorry, i have the same lines and coilovers. All you have to do is run them behind the struts in the front. I plan to make mounts for mine soon.