ST185 swaybars

903SGTE

what would be the best swaybars to buy for normal every day driving,dont want the ride to be too harsh,just want to get rid of some of the body roll?car is an st185 with intrax lowering springs with toyots struts.

Austen_gt4

do you have a strut tower bar ? you may wanna consider that first, it will stiffin up the back quite a bit.

903SGTE

not yet but i will in the future.who makes one for our cars.also will this help stiffen the chassis at all.i notice when i put my car up on a lift fron the frame that when i open the doors the kinda get stuck and then you cant close the because the frame has flexed?i assume this cant be good when your driving?

Austen_gt4

yeah that flex sucks. i'd get the strut tower bars b4 the swaybar. white line carrys them i think, look on the 935 web site..

BraveUlysses

Strut tower bars will not help NEARLY as much as a quality rear sway bar will. Just buy the Whiteline Handling pack (GT4 Special) and it will help you greatly.

903SGTE

will the ride quality suffer with the whiteline swaybars?a little will by ok but i dont want it to ride too hard,i would like it to ride as close to oem as possible.

CMS-GT4

The ride will not change w/ a rear sway bar. The rear will be more apt to do what it is supposed to.

AWDios

From what I understand whitline makes the only aftermarket rear swaybar for us, and there is no aftermarket front. The whiteline is adjustable with 3 settings, so you can play around with it. It was one of my first mods and probably one of the best for the money so far.

CMS-GT4

Boost,

I coulda swore it was you I was talking to online who was doing front and rear.... Hrmmm I wonder who that was. Well anyway you can contact aussie about what ones to use on the front. I think you would use the same at the regualr celica, but I am not sure. They offer a few custom parts that are not listed in their store, an even larger rear sway is one of them.

AWDios

I've talked to them, they said it is not the same as the regular Celica. To me it seems like we don't even really need it, if you get the Cusco brace, upgrade the strut tower bar, you'll probably be stiff enough in the front I'd think.