Tein SS too hard for street?

CodingParadox

I've been told that even the new Tein Sport Street suspension is just too hard for american streets, even on its loosest setting. Anyone have any experience with this?

I want to be able to go on day-long road trips and not want to die at the end, but also be able to set shocks to incredibly hard for track days and autocross. Will the Tein SS's do this? Or will they just not go low enough?

turbo4wd

CodingParadox":2bpgjpl5 said:
I've been told that even the new Tein Sport Street suspension is just too hard for american streets, even on its loosest setting.

I would have to disagree.. On its softest setting, the SS's are stiffer than my Whiteline setup, but not by much. This of course all changes however once you click up to a stiffer setting.

I want to be able to go on day-long road trips and not want to die at the end, but also be able to set shocks to incredibly hard for track days and autocross. Will the Tein SS's do this? Or will they just not go low enough?

For the occassional track day, the SS's will suit your needs just fine.

Just keep in mind, for street, you can set the SS's at the softest, but be mindful of the ride height because if you dump the car, you will encounter some rubbing when you go over bumps at a decent speed..

CodingParadox

Well, as long as for street driving I keep the car at basically stock height, and set the teins to softest, am I going to get any more rubbing than with, say, oem stuff?