Pics of Megan springs on ST185

lumbercis

Hi all,

I could have sworn I've asked about these before but for the life of me can't come up with anything through search.

So question 1: Has anyone used these springs on an ST185? They say they are for pretty much all 5th and 6th gen celicas. Do alltrac and non-alltrac 5th gens use the same springs?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Megan-Ra ... ccessories

Question 2: If anyone has used these, could you post some pics of your car so I can see the ride height?

Thanks!
J.

alltracst185

My st185 on 17's with Megan springs.
oldwheelsgt4.jpg

oldwheelsgt42.jpg

on 18's
0525081954.jpg

Ride quality was still good and not too stiff. about a 2" drop. I loved them but since have got K-sport coilovers :D

jonnyboygt4

alltracst185":2al9bi00 said:
oldwheelsgt4.jpg

oldwheelsgt42.jpg

on 18's
0525081954.jpg

Ride quality was still good and not too stiff. about a 2" drop. I loved them but since have got K-sport coilovers :D

and how are your k sports...ive got mine installed on the car but havent tried them yet....

lumbercis

Do you have any larger pics of the car on 17's.. or are those supposed to be clickable thumbnails?

In any case, glad to know these work and thanks for the pics!! And just to confirm, you purchased the "generic" celica springs from Megan (as in the link I posted), not any particular alltrac-specific ones?

J.

gt4tified

I've also had them, as a matter of fact I think I gave a review on them in the relevant section on this site....not sure if its still there.

But the ride is great, but the drop was a little too much for me on 215/40/16 and on our ridiculous roads here in the Caribbean. I have since moved to TEIN SS coilovers.

alltracst185

jonnyboygt4":e4w0paqo said:
alltracst185":e4w0paqo said:
oldwheelsgt4.jpg

oldwheelsgt42.jpg

on 18's
0525081954.jpg

and how are your k sports...ive got mine installed on the car but havent tried them yet....
I have yet to drive the car still.

jonnyboygt4

alltracst185":37xcj6e6 said:
jonnyboygt4":37xcj6e6 said:
alltracst185":37xcj6e6 said:
oldwheelsgt4.jpg

oldwheelsgt42.jpg

on 18's
0525081954.jpg

I have yet to drive the car still.

ah ok same boat as me ic...lol

lumbercis

Just for future reference, it looks like from browsing around Amazon.com that you can get these in two drops:

# Lowering Rate: 2"F, 1.75"-2"R
# Spring Rate: 300F & 250R

or 1.6Front 1.5Rear (no spring rates in the listing for these)

lumbercis

Do you need helper springs if you are running the 2" drop ones? I installed these on the front with KYB GR-2 inserts and on the rear with stock struts and I'm now getting a lot of "clunking" noise from the suspension. Is this the struts or springs flopping around or is it maybe the suspension having problems with the lower geometry?

Also, how much did you guys cut your bump stops? I took about 1 "ring" off the bump stops (about 1/3rd) and I seem to be hitting the bumpstops fairly frequently.

Any suggestions for getting the gr-2/megan setup to operate a little smoother?

Thanks!
J.