Porsche Brembo Calipers and STi Rotors

tubasteve

Its a flare fitting, don't know i would use lock tight.mainly cause it would be a Bitch once dried.

If there was some, it possibly was not lock tight

cederrowe

Are these the same brembo calipers that are on a 06' subaru sti? The reason I ask is I have a full set in my shop with calipers and rotors. Thanks

gtfourtc

those gold calipers pictured are the sti brembos, I repainted them and put them on my 98 forester. The calipers that fit the brackets are porsche 911/boxter calipers

underscore

cederrowe":3c32kcll said:
Are these the same brembo calipers that are on a 06' subaru sti? The reason I ask is I have a full set in my shop with calipers and rotors. Thanks

The calipers might have different mounting, not too sure but most likely. You could possibly modify the bracket to use the STi calipers. Also you'll have to redrill your rotors.

phattyduck

cederrowe":it9lmr5a said:
But are they the same mounting wise?
No. The Porsche calipers are radial mount, which is why they work so well for 'aftermarket' use. The Subaru Brembos have custom mounting ears that are meant for Subaru only.

alltracman78":it9lmr5a said:
Why the Porsche calipers instead of the ST205 ones?
They look smaller.
The Porsche calipers are smaller - and that's the point. They have similar (if not better!) braking performance and a smaller body to fit under wheels. At the same time, because they are radial mount, you can fit them to the car more easily once you have the correct bracket.

-Charlie

BNZ

That's acceptable.
Oh one more thing,with smaller/different offset brackets,what do you guys think do the calipers fit the ST185 rotors in order to use 15 inch wheels (for gravel spec setups) ?

bozo-merlin

BNZ":2uua7o83 said:
what do you guys think do the calipers fit the ST185 rotors
Overheating a rotor is not a good idea
try to find a 290mm rotor, it fits under some 15", 30mm thick is better too

gtfourtc

there are a couple rotors that might work for a smaller package, also the standard boxster calipers are slightly smaller so would fit a smaller rotor better. AS for the bracket I think is doable I t would have to change a little so the caliper is not spaced out as far from the hub. going down to a 290mm rotor you would have to lose about .75" off the bracket. this only leaves about .5" of threads for the caliper bolts. prob enough but it would be a safer bet to switch to a stud that screws into the bracket and the use a nut to secure the caliper. pretty much the way stoptech does all their brackets.

BNZ

Is there any difference in terms of spacing/dimensions between the front and rear porsche calipers ? They look 90% identical but the rears are cheaper listed on e-bay from breakers

gtfourtc

while they have the same 130mm bolt centers, they are different sizes also the front calipers have 36/40mm pistons and the rears have 28/30mm pistons. What this means is the rear calipers are much too small to use on the front. Ebay can be good if you find a deal but those dont come around all the time. If you check out car-part.com you can find the 911 calipers for 150-200 each and the standard boxster calipers i found a bunch for 100 each.

I was wondering if anyone had noise issues with this set up. I know there hasn't been too much talk about people's experience but I would like some reviews.

I personally have tons of noise with my setup. I will have to play with things in the near future. Im going to find out what frequency is noise is and work from there. I hope someone can chime in.

deecee

Did you use spacer rings to centre the rotor on the hub? Noise could be coming from rotor moving around on the hub